Thanks to Pinterest, we hurried and did this idea for the drive, since there are plenty of fights that erupt from time to time and I wanted to see if something would put an end to that.
Tayler made them for me right before we left (literally as we were walking out). I plan on making some really durable, fancy one's for future trips because it was awesome! If their clip was still up when we stopped for gas or a bathroom break they got to pick a treat out, but if it was down they did not. Rylee and Jayson's came down within the first 3 miles, but after that they learned that we were serious and didn't want to miss out. On the way home, Jayson's came down for only a few minutes and that was it. They did awesome and I was so grateful! I hate fighting, especially in close quarters like the car. Pretty impressed with my fellow travelers.
We swam for 6 days straight! We usually had the pool all to ourselves.which was so nice.
Sean can't help but flip them..
Jayson learned to swim without his water wings and he was so happy. He worked really hard to be able to take them off. He asked Sean for swimming lessons every single time we went and was so proud of himself when he could FINALLY do it. Tayler learned to perfect her stroke to get ready for her triathlon she will be doing in July. I think she is going to do amazing. She swam SO well! We raced a few times and I barely beat her. That girl has talents.
Jackson is pretty much a fish and is not afraid of anything and asked to go to the pool the minute he woke up. He is getting so fun!
We tried to make Sean feel special on Father's Day Sunday. It is a little hard when you are away from home. Tayler made some cute crafts that she packed to lay out for him on Sunday. She had all the kids make footprints and decorate them which lead down the hall to a CUTE poster she made. I am super sad that I didn't take any pictures. Darn it! They made cards and other cute things too. I am so grateful for Sean. He is such a wonderful Father to our kids. He helps them in anything they want to do and spends so much time with each one of them. I had a picture of my dad in my suitcase. What an awesome example he was. I couldn't have asked for a better Dad. He truly was the best. We also were lucky enough to have Sean's parents in St. George the same time we were there, and we didn't even know it until a few days before. We took Tom out to eat on Monday to celebrate. He is such a kind man. I am so grateful to have him in our lives and for my kids to have such a great Grandpa.
We found this fun little outside place to eat at with misters.. thank heavens since it was 105 degrees!
Tuesday we went and saw Madagascar 3. The kids LOVED it!
The only bad part of the trip was waking up one morning to find a cockroach crawling on me. We had found quite a few in the condo, but I freaked out that morning. Maintenance came and did a special spray and we never saw another one, thankfully.
We also hit the Municipal pool that has a water slide. My kids love that place.
We also saw the movie, Brave while we were there. I thought that one was very well done and we all thought it was awesome! Loved it!!
Sadly, the day came to pack up and leave. Always sad to go back to reality, but so nice to be home too.
I am loving Instagram these days. So many fun things you can do to pictures. Cute Jackson just being silly!
We also had to get our shakes at Iceberg before heading out. Tayler got fresh Strawberry and it was so good. Love these little rug rats.
All in all, it was pretty relaxing and perfect. I love having time to connect with my kids and really spend time with all of them. It is always nice to have Sean around too. Until next time...


























6 comments:
Looks like fun. I think Jackson looks so much like Taylor in that last picture!
Were you dying of heat down there? Because this 100 degree weather is killing me here, never happy am I?!
I love instagram also, it's just about the only thing I use to take pictures lately. I'll have to find add you.
what a fantastic vacation! I love all the fun that you did, swim, sleep, movies and yummy food. It doesn't get any better. Glad you had such a good time. WE loved those movies too!
For fun! I mean, if you like 105 degree weather, which I don't but you do so it was fun!
Yeah pinterest!
:)
OK I LOVE the idea of the name clips. I need that for the house! What a fun trip. It is so nice to get away and just have total free time. Glad it was a great tirp. That's cool that the restaurant had misters. I think all restaurant patios should have them!
Jess that looks like such a fun trip!
I love all the swimming pictures! Of course Jayson has a shark!!!
I wish I could have been with you!!!
Love ya
It looks like you had lots and lots of fun! I miss you. love you!
Post a Comment