CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 10, 2012

1st week of Summer

Our first week of summer was low key and fun!  I had the kids do one chore every morning and their soccer practice and then we would do something fun. They did really well every day so we were able to do something.  Monday we went to the pool because it was 97 degrees. Tuesday we went back to winter (somewhat) because it was windy and SO COLD. I think our high was only 53. Crazy how the temps can change so drastically in a 24 hour period. 

We went to the Kangaroo zoo and got out all their energy. There were only 2 other kids there, so we basically had free reign of the whole place. I love that Tayler will still play with her little brothers and sister and is content to be wherever.  I am still trying to cherish the moments where 1 place is good enough for all of them.







Wednesday we hit Lagoon.  It was still a little chilly, but by afternoon it warmed right up.  I only planned on staying 2 hours but we stayed 6.  We were able to do lots of big rides and little rides. They still let Tay go on the little rides to be with Jackson.  It worked out perfectly.


Jackson was 1/2 inch to short for Ladybug bop so we went on the airplanes by ourselves.  I thought he would freak out by himself, but he loved it.

 the bumper cars were my favorite.  The first time Jax got hit was the funniest expression ever!




Thursday Grandma came over to spend some time with us and go to her final dental appointment.  The kids were crazy with fighting and crying, but we still loved her visit! Sorry Grandma!  We did go to the Hula Shack for some snow cones. Too bad I didn't take any pictures :(  My favorite part of the day was sitting down to listen to the tape my mom brought from my missionary homecoming.  We were able to listen to my Dad's talk.  It was so neat to hear his voice again.  It has been 9 years since I have heard anything with his voice.  Loved it!  It is those little things that become such treasures.

Friday we cleaned out bedrooms and closets in preparation for our new carpet next week.  WHAT A PAIN!!  I can't wait for the new carpet, but it is a mega pain.  We took a huge load to the dump yesterday.  I do love spring cleaning.  We also got rid of Jackson's crib (bittersweet moment) and took apart the bunk beds.  He loves being in a big boy bed now and I think I love it too.  I still can't believe we no longer have a crib or diapers in our house.  All part of growing up right?!



4 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

No diapers and no cribs...whew hew!!!! Yeah you!
You look like you are doing some fun summer things...please come here...we are bored!
I want to go to the Hula Shack!!! Eat some for me and put on some sweetened condensed milk for me!!!
Love ya!

Unknown said...

Now that looks like a fun first week of summer! Except for the 97 degree thing. Wowie!

:)

Joey and Nettifer said...

look at you and all that fun. Wasn't that weather crazy? Got in the way of our seven peaks pass but we still tried to have fun.

New carpet - lucky!

Anonymous said...

It looks like your doing a great job entertaining. Did you ever make it to the zoo?
Can't wait to see pictures of your new carpet. We're doing house stuff right now too and it's been so hard to live through. Hopefully we'll be done this week too.
Happy Summer!
Kendi