Our 4th of July was low key and great. We woke up, went out to breakfast and then headed to Lagoon. It wasn't very busy which was perfect. It was SUPER hot though, so we headed to Pioneer Village to go on the Log Ride and Rattlesnake rapids to cool off. I stayed with Jackson for that ride. They all got drenched, but loved every minute.
The girls and I did the big rides. Sean's broken rib couldn't really hack it. Poor guy.
Later that night since Lagoon wasn't doing fireworks we went to the fireworks by Davis High. Tayler, Rylee and I headed over early to lay out our blankets and chairs. We had to get glow sticks and treats for our evening too.
Things learned:
2.) Rylee does NOT like fireworks. I think she had her fingers permanently stuck in her ears until we got home. (I have no idea why Blogger is highlighting this one).
3.) Lee Greenwood just makes my 4th of July complete. I love the song; "Proud to be an American" It gives me goosebumps. I remember one 4th of July when a radio station played it non stop the whole day. Pretty sure I listened to it at least 50 times. Love!
4.) It was really odd not being with family or having a bbq. Hmmm, maybe because it was smack dab in the middle of the week.. I don't know, but it was different.
It was a wonderful Independence Day!









5 comments:
Hey, I received that error too and I really did have too many pics. I think it was like 5.00 for the year tho so I paid it...kinda dumb huh.
What a fun 4th of July! I love Lagoon when it is not crowded!
I have to buy more space every year - it is only $5 so it might last you awhile. Lame. Some of my friends just create new blogs. I can't do that so I just buy it
Looks like fun!
How did Sean break his rib? I'm out of it I guess.
I've never had that problem with blogger - knock on wood. I don't know why it would do that!
Your 4th sounds great! I wish we could have been with you like we were last year!!!! We will think positive and say next year we will be!!!
Love those cute kids...can't wait to see all the posts with Meg in them!
Love ya!
We wanted to come celebrate with you but we just couldn't this year. Maybe next year. We really missed watching fireworks. They were all cancelled this year because of the fires. Glad you all could still have a fun day though! ;)
Post a Comment