I love those moments that make you tear up and your heart beat a little faster, because of how awesome they are. Sometimes they are little and sometimes they are big, but they are awesome none-the-less. Last Friday I witnessed one of those awesome moments.
Tayler has become an amazing soccer player. When I think back to her skills a year ago I am amazed at how far she has come and how good she is. She has definitely put in the blood, sweat and tears (Oh heavens, LOTS of tears) to get where she is today. She also has been blessed with an amazing dad that pushes her and loves her and helps her reach her goals and even beyond. He spends a lot of time with her.
In last Friday's game she played goalie the first half and then started the second half as striker (forward). About 2 minutes into the second half she was coming near where I was sitting, chasing down the ball, and I could tell that something wasn't right. She kicked the ball out of bounds to stop it and then collapsed, sobbing that she didn't feel well. I picked her up and just let her cry. She is still my baby, even though she is almost 10. I don't like when they are in pain. She said her head and stomach were hurting and that she was really dizzy. I got her water bottle and found a stray sucker in my purse for her to suck on. I also gave her some IBprofen. After about 10 minutes she seemed to be a little more perky. The game was nearing the end and we were tied 2-2, thanks to her best friend Jessica that scored twice. The team we were playing was the best U9 team in Bountiful.
I asked Tay if she wanted to go back in. She went down to Sean and sat on the team bench. I wasn't sure if he would even put her back in, but he did with only 3 minutes left. The ref was looking at the time so I knew she was ready to blow the whistle at any moment, and then with 15 seconds left Tayler nailed the winning goal. It was so exciting. I jumped off my chair. I was so proud of her, not only because she scored, but because she has the attitude to never give up.
That awesome moment I mentioned at the start took place afterwards. The ref blew the whistle, we won the game. Sean couldn't have been more proud. He high fived the players from his team that were coming off the field first, and when he saw Tayler, he ran to her and picked her up, hugged her tightly and spun her around, all while grinning from ear to ear and cheering. It was the sweetest moment and it truly brought tears to my eyes.
The game was a big one, but that isn't what mattered at that moment. It was a dad celebrating his little girl. I love the times that I get to witness the little moments like that.
5 comments:
That is so neat Jess!! I love the bond between Fathers and Daughters!
That is such a sweet moment...it brought tears to my eyes!
Way to go T! You are AWESOME!
Way to go Tay!
:)
Awesome!!
That is a great story. Love moments like that!
Tay you are super star!
Post a Comment