We arrived Thursday night. Friday Julie went to work for a few hours, Jen and I got ready and made breakfast (well Jen did :) and then we made a plan of what we needed/wanted to buy. Friday was the shopping day of all shopping days. 11 hours. yep. 19 stores. We did stop for dinner at Mimi's too. It was delightful. Julie has a cute Subaru Forester and we crammed every single thing possible into that car. It was crazy. I had no idea it could hold so many things!
Our first stop was a furniture store where we didn't find anything that was worth buying.
-- unless of course you consider these puppies as something you can't live without. really. They were the last pair too. Gosh, that's no surprise right?! haha (the name of the furniture was WOW and after seeing these chairs that is all I can think of).
Next was Ikea. I have to say that store makes me a little crazy, but we made it out with only minimal damage.
This was almost towards the end of the night. After this picture I think we still managed to go to 5 or 6 more stores. The main thing we were looking for was bedding for her new gorgeous bedroom set she purchased.
Loaded car. We even fit the huge living room rug in there. Still not sure how. Jen had to lift it up every time Julie started the car so she could shift it into gear.
When we got home it was about 11 p.m. and the fun didn't stop. We carried in the many sacks and got to work hanging. Since we only had until Saturday evening to get everything done. The best part was we went to a store called Furniture Row and Julie was able to get all of her furniture. She purchased a bedroom set, end tables, entertainment center/fireplace, rug, and hutch for her kitchen.
Here are a few before and after pictures.
Front Room
before
after. we hung curtains, bought pillows and all the other cutsie stuff you buy.
kitchen:
hung clock, painting, and bought cute things to put on the table. Also bought new canisters, towels, fruit bowl and rug.
we also transformed all 3 of her bathrooms. Here is the upstairs guest bathroom.
her bedroom ended up so pretty! We also added some vinyl downstairs. It was so fun to find things, hang things and put things in place. Putting together the Ikea thing was not fun, but that is another story.
We finished around 4 that afternoon with all the rooms and then got to relax a little bit.
Katie, Jared and their boys came over while Julie was still gone to her ward activity. It was so fun to see them and hang out. They brought us some yummy Chinese and we enjoyed being with them. Later, Annie and Steve came as well as Brandon and Shabi and their cute little boy Chase. Love hanging out with my family.
Sunday we went to Church with Jared and Katie. Cayden gave a talk in primary so we got to go and listen. Cutest thing ever.
There is always craziness when we get together!
After lunch we played for a few minutes and then had to go to the airport. Seriously, a fun weekend with these darling gals. Sure love them.
Mission Complete. I am still recovering.. haha.

.jpg)














5 comments:
I had seen the pictures on Jenny's blog and thought you girls did a fabulous job on Julies cute house! I never had a sister so I think it is very special that you girls are so close and get together and do stuff like this!
I LOVE your "Gangsta" pose - Ha Ha
Steve says it is like dejavu...
It was a super fun weekend...now let's do it to my house...I just need the moola!!!!!!
You guys are amazing! Want to help me pick out a new couch?
:)
Ah, reliving it never gets old! I love, love, love my house and love the memories that go along with making it my home!
I love you girls!
oh my heck now that is an awesome girl weekend and you didn't even have to spend your own money and decorate and not make a mess in your own house! :) Loving it and you are an awesome sister!
Post a Comment