CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Random tid bits..

Man it seems like I have been so neglectful of my blog lately.
I have been playing a lot on PINTEREST! I love all the recipes and tips & tricks I have been learning. It has been so much fun trying new things.

For Valentines Day this year, we celebrated Monday night with a candle light dinner, because Tayler had a soccer game scheduled for Tuesday at 5:45, but they wised up and cancelled it, thank heavens! Our dinner was yum.  We had fun talking and laughing and yes, spilling all over.  What would a dinner be without a spill. Jayson blamed it on the fact that it was dark.  Smart kid.

The reason I was so thankful we did it on Monday is because my back totally gave out on me Tuesday. I still managed to go into Jayson's school class and help with his V-Day party, but after that it was killing and I wanted to die! At 6:30 when Sean got home he put me in bed because I felt like I couldn't move and the tears were freely flowing. I was panicking too due to the fact that I was hosting dinner group at my house the next night and had no idea how I was going to pull that off. I could barely roll over let alone clean and get things ready. Around 8:30, I was shaky and freezing, so I decided to get in the tub and let the jets pound against my back. Well getting in was a fun endeavor and once I got in I really didn't know how I would get out. I sat there for about 30 minutes and then felt like I was going to over heat so I started the process of getting out. When I moved there was no pain. It was strange. I stood up, still no pain. I bent down and touched my toes, nothing?? Craziest thing. Since that point it has been sore, but nothing like I felt Tuesday night. I was so thankful to my Heavenly Father. At that point I realized more than ever that he IS aware of each one of us, and knows when we need that special little miracle to take place.

Afterwards, I went to kiss my kids who had already been tucked and were suppose to be sleeping. When I kissed Rylee she whispered "mom, how is your back?" I told her it was doing so much better. She kissed me and said "good, I said my prayers extra long tonight and asked Heavenly father to make your back all better over and over again."  It was so sweet. The faith of a child is really something amazing. When I was laying in bed in so much pain she was the one that came and laid with me. At one point she asked if it was going to make me die. I chuckled a little and thought I kind of hope so ( kidding of course). I love the little things that take place on a daily basis.  I just need to learn to recognize them more.

I have decided that we are a full blown soccer family! Between Tayler, Rylee and Jayson there is a lot of soccer that takes place and I LOVE IT!! At first it seemed overwhelming and a wee bit tiring, but I LOVE watching them play. There is truly no where else I would rather be. Tayler of course is the busiest, with the most games, because she is on a competition team, but it is so much fun. It is fun to see them active and happy, learning skills and using their talents. I love that they are on a team where they are gaining so much knowledge of what it means to be a "teammate." They have also made wonderful friends through it all. I know it will just get busier and busier as they grow older with different things they choose to take part in, but I am so grateful I am able to be there and I LOVE cheering them on in the stands.  The last game Tayler played on Saturday night almost brought tears to my eyes.  I was so proud of her. It is one of the best feelings. Some people have made comments how all we do is soccer and how we are too busy for anything else, and YEP, that is us!  I will ALWAYS put my family first.  If there is a game and another obligation that is only semi important, you will find me at the game. The greatest thing is that we are always together. How many people can say that?  I am happy. My kids are happy. My husband has a passion for it. He loves coaching and is so good with the kids.  I wouldn't change a thing right now.

So there you have it, my ramblings for the day.

I have a ton of pictures to upload, but our main computer is DEAD and my new laptop isn't working. So for now everything will be sans pictures! Hopefully those things will be fixed soon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand the Pinterest problems...

So glad your back is better!

:)

Joey and Nettifer said...

Faith of a child is amazing and what a testominy builder when the prayers are answered right in front of them! Glad you back is better. Nothing is Worse then a hurt back! Especially with little kids!
I am with you on pinterest. LoVING it!

Jenny Moore said...

I am so glad that your back is better and that your sweet little ones have so much faith!
Love you soccer mom and soccer family!!!!

Carley said...

I am so glad that your back is better....back pain has got to be the worst!!! That is SO wonderful that you are enjoying the time that you get to spend with your family!!!!

Julie said...

I love how kids teach us so much. That is very sweet of Rylee!

Did you ever think you would have the title of Soccer Mom? Such a great family bonding activity!