CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Long Week

Sunday I returned home from a fabulous trip with my sisters.  Julie bought a new house in Colorado and Jen and I were asked to come and help put it all together.  It was wonderful and I will post all the details as soon as I get the pictures uploaded.

It was nice to come home and see my kids and Sean. They had a great weekend as well, and Sean played Mr. mom like a pro. They even had the house all clean when they left to get me at the airport.  Yep, I am that lucky! That night I put the kids to bed and before I head to bed myself I always go up and re tuck everyone again (silly I know, since the covers will be off again in seconds). Anyway, when I went to re tuck Jackson in he was burning HOT and I could see a big wet spot of sweat.  I picked him up and he threw up all over me. Welcome home! This was the start of our very long, miserable week.  He has been so sick with a horrible cough, pukes, fever and just lays around and moans.  It is quite heartbreaking. I HATE seeing my kids sick.  He definitely seems to be my most sickly.  Poor little guy.  We have just tried to keep him comfortable since there is nothing else to do.  We have taken plenty of baths and tried to keep on top of the Motrin for fevers.  He has no appetite, but thankfully still drinks a lot so he isn't dehydrated.

I have felt like a zombie this week, just trying to stay on top of laundry and everything else. I even went to the store in my slippers.  Yep, didn't realize it until I got there.  I guess I am now one of those people.  Ask me if I cared though.. Nope!  Tuesday night Jayson went to bed just fine but woke up about 11:30 trying to catch his breathe and having that nasty barking cough so now both of my boys are sick. One with the flu and one with croup. Awesome. Thankfully, we haven't had much going on this week so we have been able to just relax and chill at home.

Our big event of the week has been the circus. Last week Jayson received tickets to the circus from preschool (on Thursday). Well, Monday came and he remembered this was the day, I really have no idea how he remembers everything. It was on my calendar and I still forgot all about it. I drew the short stick and ended up taking the 3 oldest to the circus while Sean stayed home with Jackson. 

The circus is always interesting to me, no matter where it is or what acts they do.  A little white trash if you ask me.  Maybe the show "Water for Elephants" makes me think about circus life a little more.  I don't know.  The kids loved it and that is all that matters.  The cotton candy, slushy and popcorn added to the night.  They were in heaven.


We arrived right when it started so we didn't have the best seats, but we still got the full effect.  The people sitting in front of us were hilarious.  The 2 guys decided to commentate the whole thing and we laughed at their comments all night.  The best was the guy serving slush's one minute and out in the ring doing a juggling act the next.  Classic!  Later when we left he was the janitor.  Whatever works right.  My favorite was at intermission. They brought out a bear, sat him in a chair, propped up his arm and then YOU could snuggle up and take a picture with him.  Tempting, but we passed. We really did have a good time. The lady behind me spilled her whole red slushy all over me and didn't say a word. I glared at her once and then decided to let it go. haha.. good times!

This week I am extremely grateful for Wow Wow Wubbzy and Blue's Clues.  I have been able to do a little around the house while these shows/distractions are on.  Also, Sean has been good to come home early and help out.  Keeping my fingers crossed that my major OCD of lysoling and washing all bedding, etc. will kill all these nasty germs.

7 comments:

CB said...

Oh poor Jackson! Poor YOU!! It is no fun being sick but it is hard to have a week like that as a mom.
Hope he is feeling better.

The circus sounds so funny - You cracked me up with the guy who was selling slushies, then in the ring, then the janitor - Ha Ha. I guess that's how they save money.

Have a Happy Day :-D

CB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moore Family said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck! That poor little boy sure seems to get hit with alot. Just not fair! Hope the rest of you can make it out safe.
The circus sounded like a blast!!!! Good mom.

Jenny Moore said...

Oh Jess!
I'm so sorry about your sick kiddos. Not a fun return from vacation.
You are a great mom, I would have said...forget the circus!
Hope everyone gets feeling better.
Love ya!

Unknown said...

Poor boys! And poor you! I hope they're feeling better!

:)

Julie said...

I'm so happy you went to the circus... I've always wanted to say I've been!

You are all troopers and hope this sickness decides to leave you all alone!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

I am so sorry they are sick. But by now I hope they are feeling better! We can't seem to get better at our house either. I need the spring!!!
What a fun circus. Who knew they even came to town!