CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 09, 2012

Safari Zoo

Our last stop on our Southern California trip was the San Diego Safari Park.  I love how they had everything set up.  We went on the African Loop tour.  We saw lots of fun animals and learned about each one of them.  IT was crazy to see them just roaming around in their own habitat. The bummer is I couldn't find my camera anywhere so I didn't get any pictures.  Luckily, I had left it in the stroller so after we exited the bus we found it.  PHEW!  I was worried the whole ride. 



The kids loved feeding the Lorikeets.  They LOVED Tayler.  The minute she walked in they landed all over her.



There were 2 that landed on Sean's head, but right when I snapped the picture they flew away.  Darn!

We also saw Lions, cougars, elephants and this 34 year old Gorilla named Camila.  We learned that they never make direct eye contact.  Interesting.

There was also a little petting zoo.  Jayson liked brushing the animals and Jackson liked chasing them around.  They were just as annoyed with him as we are most days :)


On Sunday we headed back for Las Vegas.  This time the trip was not nearly as bad as trying to get into California.  We were all sad to leave the warmth and fun.  It was a truly wonderful vacation.  I love being with my family and spending time with them.

Monday morning we left Vegas to come home.  It was so fun to sleep in my own bed Monday night :)
Tuesday we were back to reality.

Thank you California.  It was a pleasure being with you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun fun trip! Crowded or not your kids will always remember the memories of that trip.
I seriously about cried myself when I saw that picture of Taylor reading her letter from santa on the trip. So sweet! That made it all worth it for you guys I am sure.
Kendi

Joey and Nettifer said...

I didn't even know that place existed - how cool is that. I bet Taylor loved having those birds all over her.

Carley said...

Your trip looks so amazing!!!! How fun! You and me both....I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to live in Southern California....maybe one day....one of my sisters lives in L.A. and I try to not get too envious!! Poor Jackson....Dax has a goose egg on his forehead right now too, but I have no idea how it got there...poor babies!

Unknown said...

Brent hates the lorikeets...he's always afraid they'll poop on him. Hee hee.

Glad you had so much fun!

Katie & Jared said...

WOW! What an awesome trip. Definitely full of memories that you all will cherish for a long time. Glad it was so fun and that you made it there and back safely.

Love you!

Jenny Moore said...

You and Sean rock!
What a fun trip full of memories for your kids!
Looks like everyone had a GREAT time!
So fun to see all their cute faces!
We love the picture of T with the bird on her head!
Love ya!