CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 03, 2011

Chains, Reindeer and Santa

DAY 2: Countdown Chains
Friday, the kids' school was cancelled, due to all the wind damage and teachers not being able to make it from the storm on Thursday.  It really is still crazy to see all the damage. I loved having my kids home.  We slept in, had a late breakfast and then made our countdown chains. This year instead of making the LONG chains that drive me nuts (until there are about 5 days left) we made them in the shape of a tree.  Thank you Pinterest! The kids had fun making them.


DAY 3:  Reindeer, Hay Ride, Santa, Face Painting 
The Tri-City Nursery just up from our house does hayrides, has face painting, Santa, and free cookies and hot chocolate and real reindeer.  My kids love it.  This year Tayler missed out because she was at a friends house.  I am sure we will have to go back.  Everything is free.  If you live anywhere close you should go.  It is fun!  We went with our friends, the Neville's.




Tonight, I may be brave and take all 4 kids to see Dolphin Tale since it is at the dollar theater now.  Sean has a whole night of BYU planned, first the basketball game and then the football game. 

6 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Oh my heck the cutest count down chair ever. Ours is just a long rope. I am going to have to copy you for next year. I am so going to check out tri city nursery. That looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing that. You really make me happy and I love all of your ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Joey and Nettifer said...

I mean chain not chair duh sorry

CB said...

That Christmas shaped countdown chain is genious! I'm with you those long ones always made me crazy.
Did you go see Dolphin Tales? We loved it.

Happy Sunday!

Julie said...

That is quite the black eye Jayson has. What happened?

Love the Christmas Tree shaped chain.. great idea!

Jenny Moore said...

I love all your Christmas tradition countdown! So much fun!!
Love that you had Friday off with the kids...that is a fun bonus!

Unknown said...

Poor Jayson and the shiner!

Gotta love Pinterest!

:)