CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Run, baby, Run

So this past weekend was the HALLOWEEN HALF MARATHON that I was suppose to run, but didn't due to my ankle.  It was heart breaking because I really wanted to run with Julie, Marcela, and Mike, but it was not meant to be :(  I tried everything I could think of to help my ankle.  I cried when we arrived in Provo. I wanted to be the one running to the finish line.  I was ready.  Dang body.  Anyway, all three still ran and did Amazing!!  Marcela came in at 1:46 and Julie finished at 1:55 with a hurt hip and hurt knee. Yep, they are rock stars. Mike also got a personal record for himself.  Way to go you guys!

My posse (mom, Rylee and Jayson) and I headed down to greet them at the finish line.  It was a beautiful day! We arrived early enough to see the first few runners cross the finish line. I don't know what it is, but I always get a little bit choked up.  I always think, what is the story behind each runner.  Some it is the goal of a lifetime, others just do it for fun, some are overcoming sorrow and other obstacles.  It is neat to see.

Here we are waiting and staking our place along the path

Unfortunately I missed Marcela because she was in a pack with large people surrounding her and I didn't see her until she was directly across from me, but here is Julie finishing up.  So proud of them!

Hooray for the medals.


 The cheering squad.  They were so proud.


It was so fun to have Marcela come and visit and hang out with us.  It was also great to have Julie come back for a second weekend in a row!

2 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

sad! I am sorry you couldn't run and that your ankle still hurt! Next time! Don't give up- way to support!

Julie said...

I'm glad the pictures show me smiling and do not reflect how much pain I was in!

I'm glad I still did it and got to hang out with Marcela, but I was very sad you were not able to join us Jess!