For Sean's birthday I decided to do something fun and take him to dinner and then Go Kart Racing. It was a freakin' blast! He totally kicked my butt too (dang it!). I'm not use to the big kid "tracks" only the Boondocks type "tracks". It seriously was so much fun. We had to watch a safety video before we could start. No wonder, it was crazy.
We had 11 racers in our group and there was one girl I got stuck behind the last 4 or 5 laps. I kept screaming move over, but she didn't. It bugged! I need a re-match. Anyway, it was a super fun night. I loved being with Sean.
Saturday we had 3 soccer games. Jayson's was first at 9:00 and it was chilly (brrrrrrrrrrrr). Rylee's game was next, but when they started they only had 4 girls so Jayson went out and played with their team. The funniest part was when Jayson and Rylee both had a chance at the goal in the first few minutes, and Rylee shoved Jayson out of the way so she could score. We were laughing so hard!
After Rylee's game I went for my long run. I only had 1 hour in between the 2 games, so I just went a little over 6 miles. I ran from Rylee's game to Tayler's game and tried to take the long route. Tayler and Rylee are both done with their Rec. games. Jayson has one more game next Saturday and then we are done. Tayler still has her competition games, but those are usually a week night. It will be nice to have a break for a while on Saturday's!
The weather is suppose to warm back up with week (meaning, into the high 60's which will feel fantastic). Last week we had high's in the low 40's. It was COLD and I turned my heat on in my house. I think that is the earliest I have turned on our furnace. I also broke out the kids' winter coats, gloves and hats for school. That is just wrong :)
Happy October!! I need to get costumes ready for Halloween.








4 comments:
You and Sean look so cute in the helmets - what a fun date!!!
I could just picture you behind that little girl saying "Move over sister!!" Ha ha
We turned our heat on last week too. It is cold early this year.
Go cart racing sounds super fun. Great idea!
So, I want you to know that I am finally caught up on your blog... yep, read all of them since May!! Loved it! Such fun stories and great pictures.
Love you!
What a fun birthday gift! You're awesome!
I turned the heat on in my house last week - it was sad.
:)
oh my heck fun bday! What a great wife you are!
Way to go on your long run
and happy birthday sean!
Post a Comment