Last week we were able to spend 6 days in Bear Lake as a family! It was wonderful to get away and have a break from the daily grind and an end of summer vacation. Friday, we didn't arrive until 8 ish so we just unpacked and settled in. Saturday we headed out on the Lake for most of the day. It was pretty crowded with LOTS of boats and people (good thing Bear Lake is so large you don't really notice). We had a blast.
Boating is such a fun activity to do as a family!
Sunday we didn't do much. We went to Church and the congregation went clear to the stage and beyond (they still had other overflow rooms too). It was nuts!
Monday was TAY'S big day. She turned 9! She woke up and opened all the presents we brought up for her and the one Grandma had given her as well. She was pretty excited for her birthday!
She chose horse-back riding as her activity for the day. There was a place about 10 minutes away (Bear River Lodge) that offered horse back riding so we headed there. Since the whole family couldn't ride (Jackson was still too small), Tay and I went on the long ride and they took the other kids on rides while Sean waited with the other 3. Tayler's horse was named Crook, and I was on Tessa. They were both great horses and the ride was beautiful!
Afterwards, we went back to the condo and went swimming.
We swam for quite a while, and then got ready to go out to eat. Tay picked a local pizza joint. It was yummy!
After dinner we went miniature golfing. At the end of the day we were all exhausted. Needless to say, I think it was a good day!
Tuesday, was more boating and swimming. Tayler totally rocked the water ski's. She was able to get up almost every time and ski. It was the cutest thing ever! Can't wait to get a picture of her.
Wednesday, we had to pack up and leave. It was such a great time. Love all the memories.
p.s. I ate WAY too many chocolate covered raspberries. Greatest things EVER. Also had the best shake I have ever tasted. We are definite fans of Bear Lake!








2 comments:
oh my heck! What a fun thing you guys did. Love that Tay can ski- wow! What a fun thing to do as a family and for a birthday. Love the horse back riding.
Chocolate covered raspberries - I need me some of those.
We stayed there for our girls camp! Love that place and love the big patch of grass in the back!
I LOVE Bear Lake...it's so fun to be there!! I'm so glad you got a nice vacation and T got such a special birthday!!!
Post a Comment