CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Ice Fishing

So this past weekend, Sean and his brother Shane took the kids Ice Fishing!  When he told me all I could say was "really?" but they ended up L.O.V.I.N.G it and can't wait to go again.  The only bummer is that they couldn't get the brake light on the trailer to work so they couldn't pull up the 4 wheelers.  Anyway, while I slaved away at work they froze their butts off.  Sean said Tayler was AMAZING, and caught her first fish right away.  She was so proud.  She came right home and wrote it in her journal and then drew a picture.  Rylee was afraid of the first fish that they pulled out of the hole (shocking!) and Jayson just sat and ate treats. Yep, that explains my kids to a T.  Grandpa stayed home with Jackson.  I am pretty sure he would have fallen in a hole.  It's always an adventure with my husband.  He really is great and tries just about everything possible with his kids.  They are lucky.  He even took pictures.  I was so proud of him. 


I think they ended up catching 15 fish, but only kept 8.  Since we don't eat fish at our house, Shane took them all home.  Thank you Shane!!  Ah, my little fishermen.  Love them.

4 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

That is so great that they had an adventure!
I'm glad they didn't come home with their lips swollen like bananas (ask Brent about that if you don't remember!)
I love those kids...so CUTE!!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

that is so awesome! WHo knew you could do that in utah! What an awesome dad!
Love the knew look of your blog! You are so cute!

Katie & Jared said...

I LOVE fishing! How fun that they got to go ice fishing. Sean really is a great dad. Major props to Tay for holding that fish. GROSS! I would never touch them. I always made someone else take the fish off my line and then I never wanted to see it again. ;) It looks like they all had a great time though!

Julie said...

Tay has some hidden talent! Way to go! Chalk one up for Sean, looks like ice fishing was a success! I'm really impressed there are even pictures to document it.