CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Last weekend of the summer

Tomorrow marks the first day of school, which means the last week of summer has now come to an end. My kids are SO excited to start at their new school.
On Thursday evening they had back to school night (actually the first time anyone was allowed in the school) so we were able to meet Rylee and Tayler's teachers and see the new school. We have driven past hundreds of times in anticipation. Tayler's teacher is "Mr. E" and Rylee has Mrs. W* and both seem like they will be wonderful. Rylee also has morning kindergarten which is perfect because she is an EARLY riser and will be ready to go. Their new school is themed around galaxies and planets. It was pretty cool. I'll try to get better pictures tomorrow.

On Saturday we headed up to Park City to do a little school shopping (better last minute than not at all right?) We went shopping at the outlets and then hit our favorite little Chinese restaurant. It was fun and a perfect evening!


Today was wonderful as well. We made a nice dinner to celebrate school tomorrow (we even broke out the stemware!) had skookies, and then sat and listened to beautiful fathers blessings. Those always touch my heart and I bawl everytime! After baths, picking out the perfect outfit, painting fingernails and toenails we were set and they went to bed with big smiles on their faces. Sweet little Jayson was so sad that he didn't get a turn that Sean gave him a blessing as well. It was the cutest thing ever. I love that my kids are growing up, but part of me just wants to hang onto them at this stage forever. I am a proud mama and can't wait to see and hear about their many grand adventures. I know they will both do wonderful. Ready or not, here we go!

5 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Looks like a perfect Back to School weekend!
Love you sweet girls, have a GREAT day!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

This is so exciting! I have morning kindergarten too! Good luck today!

jamatukk said...

So sweet. Glad you had a fun time preparing for today. I can't believe Rylee and Bryce are in Kindergarten. We were up at Park City too, wish we would of seen ya, would of been fun. Miss ya. Britt

Unknown said...

What fun to paint their nails - too cute!

Good luck guys!

:)

Katie & Jared said...

I love back to school shopping!! Its the best. Sounds like a good end to the summer.