CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 30, 2010

Vacation Time

We had the best time in ST. GEORGE this last week. It was so nice to get away and just have some much needed R & R.
Our week went a little like this: Wake up, eat breakfast, swim, eat lunch, nap, go play (or back to the swimming pool), eat dinner, watch movies, play, go to sleep. Yep, every day was awesome!
We also added in a Rodeo. We drove to Enterprise on the 24th for the Rodeo. My kids loved it. 1st rodeo for them. It was packed, but still fun. We loved watching the bull riders.
(sorry-- scary picture-- I never did my hair or make-up.. so nice!)

Jayson, Rylee and Tayler even headed out to do the chicken round-up. Thankfully, they didn't get one because if you do, it's yours and quite frankly I don't want a chicken. But they still had fun chasing after them.
We headed to the park too. It was way too hot though. The kids played for a little while at least. I think the temp's were around 105-110 the whole time. I loved it.



Sunday afternoon we decided to do a little historical tour around St. George. First stop was the temple. It is so beautiful and very WHITE. I still haven't done a session there but next time I really hope too!




After the temple we went to Brigham Young's winter home and Jacob Hamblin's home (sorry no pictures). My kids enjoyed listening to the tours. There is a lot of great Church History there.
Most days we enjoyed ourselves in the pool. The water was refreshing and always felt so good on a hot day.






We also spent some time at the St. George municipal pool. It has a water slide and the kids loved it. Sean did lots of swimming lessons with the kids all week. Rylee officially does NOT need water wings now. She can swim like a fish and is so good. She jumped off the diving board into the 11 foot deep water and had NO fear. It was awesome. I am proud of all of them.
Sean and the kids also rode the 4 wheeler a lot. They kept taking turns and loved every minute. The condo was in the perfect place for 4 wheelin'.
I loved just relaxing without the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I could sit back and just enjoy my kids. I learned so much about them and Sean and I laughed so hard at all the things they did. It was so wonderful and couldn't have come at a better time! We all needed that trip.
On the way home we stopped at Cove Fort. Yep, more Church History. It was awesome. I was a little apprehensive about it, but I'm glad we stopped. It is amazing to see places that people lived and worked and fought for. I can't imagine all the work that went into everything they did every single day. Can you imagine feeding 65-70 people 3 meals a day? Man, just feeding my little family wears me out. We do enjoy so many luxuries in life.
On the trip, Jackson was being a stinker about eating so I pumped a bottle and handed it to him. This is now his new favorite thing to do. Lay on the bed and hold his own bottle and eat. Wait? He doesn't seem big enough to do that yet does he, but I guess he is. *sigh*
It is nice to be home, but now it's back to real life. Ah, I can't wait for our next excursion!

8 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

That sounds so nice Jess!
You all look so cute and HAPPY!!!
Glad you got a nice vacation and some R&R...counting down the days until October!!!
Hugs to you all!!!

CB said...

What a wonderful vacation! Relaxation, water, enjoying your family without interuption...Perfect!!!

Maria said...

Looks like a BLAST! :) So glad you got to rest and relax...now it's time to do some of that resting and relaxing with Audrey and ME!! Call me, girl!

Joey and Nettifer said...

what a wonderful awesome vacation. I Love those kinds of vacations! Seroiusly what a fun time. Glad you had such a good time and glad all the kids turned into little fishes! Way to go Riley!

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun...but very hot!

What..you don't want a chicken too?
:)

Julie said...

So glad you had a great vacation. Love all the cute pictures. I'm glad I get to "watch" my cute neices and nephews grow up by all the pictues from the blog.

I am officially all caught up on your blog. I didn't comment on all the posts, but I did read all of them! Yeah!

Love you!

Carley said...

So fun! I have always wanted to take a little vacay to St. George! Your little fam is too cute!

Katie & Jared said...

Looks and sounds like a great trip! Glad you all had such a great time! (WAY TO GO RYLEE on no more water wings!!!)

Can't wait to see you in September.!!!

LOVE YOU!