There is nothing I love better than seeing the flag flying. There is such a sense of peace and reverence that I feel and gratitude to all those that made it possible to enjoy so many things.Yesterday was a beautiful day so we spent many hours in our yard. There is always so much to do and it seems overwhelming at times, but if we take it piece by piece it will get done! Sean started the waterfall by our front porch. It is going to be awesome! All of us worked together in the yard pulling weeds. Man those things are out of control. Then I mowed the lawn while the kids had a little picnic eating lunch. It was so much fun to work together. Jackson joined us in his bouncer seat from the porch. He loved being outside and never made a peep (literally the whole day).
Afterwards, we headed to Salt Lake to get Sean his early Father's Day Present. He got a sweet bike. I never had any idea how much a bike could cost. HOLY MOLY! Just a small investment. He is riding in the "cure for Diabetes" for work on the 14th. I think he is riding 65 miles. He'll do awesome now that he has his nice bike. I think I could pick it up with just one finger because it is so light.
After we hurried to Lagoon to enjoy the last 1 1/2 hours before it closed at 7. We only rode a few rides, but it was perfect. I love to have season passes so that you don't feel guilty for only staying a few hours each time. Tayler rode BLAST OFF. She is so brave. The whole time she was laughing and chatting. I have to admit that one scares me a wee bit, but it was nothin' to her. I love that she can ride all of the big kid rides now. It's so fun. I think she has now had the chance to ride every single ride there. We then went to dinner and came home at 8:30 and crashed. Everyone was exhausted. It was a fabulous day in so many ways. Next weekend my mom and I are going to visit my Dad's grave. I enjoy going there too and am glad we are going when it won't be so crazy. I hope all the flags are still up though.
NOW...bring on June! I can't wait for school/dance/soccer/etc. to be over. It will be fun to just go to the pool and Lagoon and not have an agenda. I love summertime.








3 comments:
Sounds like you had a great day!
Glad the weather warmed up for you to all be outside and to go to Lagoon!
Post some pictures of the waterfall, that will look fabulous!!!
When is T done with school?
Bring on Summer!!!!
Love ya
I'm excited to see your waterfall, that sounds awesome! Tayler is so brave...I don't even know what that ride is, but it sounds scary!
Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Just a little while longer and everyday can be a holiday, right? Got to love summer!
A waterfall? That will look lovely! You did have a busy wonderful weekend!
Kind of jealous of Sean's new bike! GOod for him
Ok - got your message. I will call you today. I have got to get you your pictures. They are beautiful and nothing to worry about!
Post a Comment