CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day! It started out Friday night when Sean gave me my mother's day gift which were these awesome dishes! I love them. Everything looks and tastes better on them :) They are so pretty and I am diggin' the square dishes these days. He came me enough to serve 12. I have already loved using them.

Then Saturday my mom came up and we went out to lunch at the Olive Garden and went shopping. It was so much fun! We laughed and had an awesome time looking and trying on clothes. We found some cute one's and some not so cute one's. I loved every minute. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful mom in my life who is also such a great friend. I love her so much and am grateful for the time I get to spend with her.

Then Sunday Sean made an amazing breakfast. He made chocolate covered strawberries (which were so good), Belgian waffles w/ whipping cream and strawberries, sausage & hash browns. He even came me a special glass to drink out of at my place. He really does treat me so good. Yep, he did all that and was SO sick. He had the stomach flu. I told him that he didn't need to do anything (once I found out he was sick), but he kept on going. He fed Jackson and got Jayson ready for church and then we left to give him a little peace & quiet. The happenings at church were one catastrophe after another, but we won't dwell on that. It ended up being okay and I really did laugh at everything that happened instead of stressing. I am sure my ward members think we are truly the circus. Oh well. When we got home Sean had made Cafe Rio pork burritos for lunch. They tasted so good. Then we all laid down and had a nap-- best gift ever! Oh, and I can't forget Tayler's cutest gift too. She was so excited to give it to me. She made it at school and brought it home Friday and then waited to give it to me until Sunday (I know this was hard for her). She kept telling me all weekend how excited she was. So Sunday morning at breakfast she pulled it out. It made me tear up a bit. It was a love jar that had several hearts inside with special things about me on each one and why she loves me. She said "mom, when you need a pick me up just pull one of these out." It was adorable and I really do love it. I have a feeling it will really come in handy ;)

It was a good day. I am grateful to be a mother and have 4 little kids to call my own. I know I fall short so many times in being a good mom and it isn't easy most days, but I am still grateful to be a mother. I know I have many guardian angels helping me along.

6 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Those dishes are so cute! And, yes they would make me so happy and I bet your burrito's looked so good on those things! You have such a sweet husband - good job sean!

anna said...

Jess,
I have already read all of my love messages from Jessica. Every time I get upset or feel bad Jessica brings me in the bottle.(what does that tell you) I guess I just will have to re-read them. Our girls are the greatest!!

Kendra said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Don't you love when your hubby cooks for you! it's the best.

Julie said...

Love the dishes! Glad you had fun shopping and enjoyed your Mothers Day. You do have a great husband and awesome kids and they are lucky to have a great Mom as well!

Jenny Moore said...

You are an amazing mom and deserve to be celebrated!!
Love the plates!!
Glad you and mom got to go and have fun, I'm looking forward to some fun while she is here in June.
Love ya lots!!!

Unknown said...

What a cute gift from Tay! Such a good idea - instead of chocolate.

Sounds like a wonderful day!