Sorry it has been a while since I posted!
...
On my way out my gas light came on, but I figured I would be fine until I got off of her exit. About 10 miles from her house my car started to decelerate. I had lost all power so I quickly pulled over to the shoulder of the road. I was laughing because I thought I ran out of gas (in hindsight that would have been awesome if that had been it). So I called my mom to come and rescue me. I called her and said "surprise mom I'm almost to your house, but I need your help" After I told her what happened and she laughed at me she told me that she would be there in a while. She had to round up some cash in order to get some gas to bring to me since her wallet had been stolen (that's a whole other story). Dilemma #1. Thankfully she did find some and was there in about 15 minutes. We laughed and I went around the car to put the gas in. After I emptied the gas can I thought sweet let's get out oh here. By this time it was REALLY windy and lots of big semi's were passing at high speeds. I was just hoping we didn't get hit.
We get Jackson strapped back in his car seat and I turn the key and nothing happens. Alright, what the heck. I did remember seeing my battery light come on right when I started loosing speed so I thought maybe I just needed a jump. In order to do that, my mom did a U turn on 1-80 during rush hour so that she was facing my car. It was an awesome maneuver! She got out her jumper cables and has instructions. No big deal right? When I went to hook the black cable on to "ground it" sparks started flyin' (scared the crap out of me). After hooking it all up again I went to the car, turned the key and NOTHING! I was dying. So we redo the connection for the 3rd time thinking something may have been put in the wrong spot and again NOTHING!
UGH, that' s when I call USAA for Roadside assistance. They agree to send a tow truck, but we have to stay with the vehicle. Great. It was hot and muggy and there were 1000's of mosquito's (since we were right by the Great Salt Lake) so we couldn't roll down the windows. Ahh, what a way to spend a birthday right? My mom opened her present that I had for her and then the tow truck came. We packed everything into her car. She had to do another U turn to pull out onto 1-80. We headed up to the Ford dealership where they were taking my car. However by this time it was 7:30 and it was closed so I was stuck. We left the keys so the could work on it the next morning. We then headed to Walmart to get some groceries and picked up a cheesecake for her birthday. Sean ended up bringing all the other kids out because he had a 7:00 a.m. meeting the next morning that he couldn't miss. After the kids were settled and tucked into bed we ate the cheesecake. It was about 10:30. I felt horrible. I really was trying to make it a fun birthday and instead it turned into a circus. I am grateful for a wonderful, easy going mom who was just happy to help. We really owe her big and hope to make it up sometime. I am just grateful that she was there and able & willing to rescue me. I love her!
Well it ended up being the fuel pump. Not cheap. The next day we had to take Sean's car in because it was acting funny too. Another big part that needed to be fixed. Needless to say, I am done with car repairs.








8 comments:
I'm glad that you're semi laughing about it now! It was sweet of you to go and surprise mom...just a different sort of surprise!!
Sorry about all the car repairs...it really does stink :(
Love ya
I can picture it all! Glad you are okay!! Just think this is going to be a birthday she really remembers!! :)
Oh my goodness! I am so glad you were safe but I am so sorry you had car trouble. Aren't mom's the best? That was super sweet of you to try and surprise her.
Aren't car repairs the WORST?! I wish you could just put gas in it and go and never have to worry about anything else...but, unfortunately that doesn't always happen:( I am glad that you were safe and were rescued and I am sure just being with you made your mom's birthday happy!
This story makes me laugh every time! Glad Mom was there to rescue you. That does stink about the extra expenses for car repairs- Sorry!
What a nightmare! My Gosh! So glad that it turned out ok!
What a nightmare! Car troubles are the worst.
Your a good daughter and I am sure your mom appreciated it all!
What an exciting birthday for Mom! That's quite the pain though...sorry.
At least it wasn't raining.
:)
Post a Comment