CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 29, 2010

The start of a Fabulous weekend

Thursday I was able to join my mom and her 2 sisters, Cathy and Annie, Karl's wife Kathy, and my 2 cousins Tonya and Kaylie to dress my Grandma's body. I remember how special that was to do my Grandma Linton's so I am grateful that I was able to be there for both my Grandma's. It is such a humbling, spiritual and reverent experience. I loved to see her body as they covered it in her temple robes. She looked so beautiful and peaceful. I am glad that I was able to be there.

Afterwards we went to El Matador for lunch. I love that place. Then we headed to Costco to pick up all the food for the funeral the following day and I am so glad that I went. As we started walking down the aisle I saw my blogging friend, Lynette. I feel like I have known her for years, yet we have never met in person. I have loved reading her blog everyday for years and the day came when we finally met. It's crazy that it hasn't happened before because we seem to go to the same places and she really doesn't live that far away from me. Anyway, I got to hug her and her two sweet girls, Madelyn and Izabel. I just couldn't get enough of them. It made me smile all day and I can't wait to talk to her again. She is an awesome, BEAUTIFUL, amazing person and mother. Really, she puts us all to shame :) It was a great start to an amazing weekend!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad you got to be there with mom and the girls to dress grandma's body. It's a wonderful and spiritual experience.

Unknown said...

How funny that you saw her at Costco. Everyone goes to Costco!

:)