CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 29, 2010

Grandma's Funeral

Friday were the services for my Grandma. Everything turned out so lovely, except for the snow storm that started right as we left the funeral home to the grave site. It did the same thing for my Grandpa's services in September when it had been beautiful the whole week before. I guess they really wanted us to remember it! It was so amazing to have all 5 of my brothers and sisters there. I was so excited to see them all. Jen came the farthest from Georgia! I love them all so much. My mom spoke at the funeral and did a fantastic job. She is an amazing speaker. Poor Sean had to deal with Jayson in the hallway during the funeral and then had to hurry home and change his pants because he had an accident. What a stinker! My grandma looked beautiful and seemed so peaceful in the casket. I am sure she is hard at work on the other side already. We love you Grandma!

My mom & all my siblings at the grave site
The flowers were so beautiful & colorful

My grandma & grandpa's 7 children: Larry, Leslie (my mom), Richard,Karl, Cathy, Annie, & Paul. What a good looking group.

4 of my awesome siblings during the viewing- Brent, Ryan, Jen & Julie. They are all graduates from Utah State. Jared and I are the odd one's out!
This is what it looked like at the conclusion of the services. The snowflakes were HUGE!
After the luncheon everyone came back to my house to hang out, veg and watch basketball. It was nice to just be with everyone and catch up and watch the uncles entertain all the kids. My kids loved every minute of it!
Ryan & Jackson. He is so cute with the babies.
Cute Katie and Jacob just chillin'
A little chicken match
Jayson & Cayden were so cute together. They are only 5 months apart.
We put Jackson & Jacob together in the crib and turned on the mobile. I can't wait until they can grow up and play together. They are only 1 month and 3 days apart. ( I love Jacob's face in this picture! He always has a smile to share. What a cutie)

I am so grateful that we could all be together! It was a day to remember.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I was so grateful to be there...spending time with everyone is always wonderful!
Hugs!!!!

Julie said...

Great post Jess! It was a nice day.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you could all be together too!

Love ya!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Nothing like a funeral to bring everyone together. Glad it went well and you got so much family time