Today we ventured into Salt Lake to Energy Solutions for the annual Sing-A-Long thanks to Larry H. Miller. We decided to ride Front Runner since we haven't yet. The kids were so excited! Jayson said "choo-choo train" about a MILLION times (at least) the whole way in. Sean came home around 5:30 so we bundled up the kids and off we went. When we arrived downtown there were so many people. We made it around 6:45 and ended up sitting in the Upper Bowl section (
I haven't ever seen it that full , but that was Larry's wish to fill at least the Lower Bowl. He definitely had his wish granted!) The sad thing was that we didn't have a program with the words to the songs and we couldn't hear very well up top. We sang a few songs and then left because the kids were starving. We walked over to the Gateway for dinner and then went to Temple Square to see the lights. It was a great night. Jayson couldn't keep his eyes open at all & fell asleep on the way to Temple Square. I loved seeing the lights but man was it
COLD and there were a ton of people, so we didn't stay long, but it was fun.
Here's our trip on the train


And our sad attempt at pictures at Temple Square (notice Jayson is sound asleep- poor kid)

The kids were troopers and such good sports even though we walked a ton and it was freezing. I thought it was great even though the sing-a-long didn't go as planned.
Time for bed!
7 comments:
last night was crazy! I have NEVER seen that many people. My sweet hubby stood in line for 1 1/2 hours for a D*#! Hot dog! I was so sad - to many people! I like it when there wasn't that many - ba hum bug on me! I know!
Glad you had some dinner and got to see the lights! Merry Christmas!
Sounds like an adventure! I'm glad you made it--it's a good tradition! :) Merry Christmas!!
Looks like such a fun adventure! I love that Jayson loved the train!!
Love the picture of you and Sean...you two look so good!! Are you sure you're preggers?!!!!
Love ya tons!
Yeah, we went too and there was way TOO many people, I think it was because of Jon Schmdit (?) the piano player b/c as soon as he left everyone got up and left...we were in upper bowl too, I heard that they only had like 5000 tickets for food and ran out very quickly...
Ok, I've been away from Utah for a long time because I have NO IDEA what the Front Runner is. I'm guessing a train...but that's all I know. Weird.
Sounds like a fun night. It would be weird to have a sing along in such a huge place!
We contemplated doing that too but we had already made a trip to Logan to visit the grandparents and just didn't feel up to it. Looks like lots of fun though. Maybe we'll have to try it next year. Sean looks AMAZING by the way!
Love the lights on Temple Square! You're kids are great sports. Cute pics!
Post a Comment