CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

You're gonna miss this....

Have you ever heard the lyrics from the Trace Adkins song "You're Gonna Miss This"
the chorus says:

you're gonna miss this
you're gonna want this back
you're gonna wish these days
hadn't gone by so fast

For some reason lately as I meet older people who ask about my kids they all have a common phrase that they tell me and that is "enjoy it now, because it goes by so fast"

For some reason that has struck a chord with me lately. I look at this picture and just think man, it's already going by so fast. My baby is 7 and growing up every day and the days seem to go by faster and faster.

I know that I need to just enjoy everything they do. Sometimes my mood gets the best of me and I don't truly enjoy the little things they do. Yesterday Jayson and Rylee were in prime form and made the BIGGEST mess in my bathroom along with several other things. I should have laughed about it, but I didn't. The 5 coats of sunscreen and lotion every where didn't make me laugh, but did just the opposite. I often lay in bed and think of SO many things I could have done differently that day and am grateful for a new day to start over and try a little bit harder.

I have decided to just chill out. I love to keep my house picked up and clean but I do need to relax a little bit and just love my kids for all the little things they do because I know when all is said and done I am "gonna miss this" and having my house in perfect order isn't going to be what they all remember.
I need to keep that in perspective! I have been blessed with very good, semi-obedient kids. I have heard the terror stories about other kids and think "thank heavens" they aren't mine!

5 comments:

Jen said...

I love your thoughts today Jess. I often find myself trying to reflect on what I've done to remember my kids on a daily basis. I thought the other day that Emmy is 12, where did that go? 6 more years and she'll be off...makes me sad.
I love your kids, I'll take 'em any time you want!!!
Love ya...8 Days!! :)

Cody and Haylee said...

That is so true Jess. I love the way you put it and I can honestly say Ditto to everything you wrote!... but I can hardly see you EVER loosing your temper :) Love you cute girl!!!

Karly and Nick said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I had a breakdown yesterday as I dealt with these EXACT feelings! I too need to chill...worry less about the state of the house...and enjoy my wonderful boys!!! Every day I plead for more patience. I was gone when HE handed it out I think, and now that is the most desireable trait that I want! Next time I feel like this, or you...let's call each other and remind each other! My new cell is 406 217 5925. Thank you for sharing this. It's good to know I am not the only one that struggles with this!

(((HUGS!!!)))

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a good post to read and help keep things in line! Thank you for this. When Madelyn is being at her prime. I always tell her "the devil has called and you are doing good" and that helps me laugh a bit! Thank you for this post! They do grow up to fast!

Julie said...

Time does seem to fly by doesn't it? Love that blog helps capture the cute moments as well as the trying ones!