CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

OH MY HECK...

So today at the gym I had to use the restroom. Well the gym is under construction and being completely remodeled, and for some reason I never thought to find out which one was the "girls" and which was the "guys"--I had never ventured back there before. In my hastiness (I really wanted to get back to my treadmill).. I headed in what I thought was the girls, never really thinking it wasn't ?!? Yes it was a truly blonde moment!

Well I get in there, shut the door, and then I hear someone else come in, cough, spit into the sink(SICK), and THAT'S when it hit me.. OH MY HECK, I am in the men's bathroom. Thankfully the ONE bathroom stall they have is from floor to ceiling so he couldn't see my feet underneath, but there is only one. Then I heard him use the urinal (I'm assuming) and turn on the shower. I seriously thought I was going to die. How in the world was I going to get out of there without seeing a naked man and being completely mortified at my silly mistake? The only option I could think of was to WAIT it OUT. So that is what I did. 15 minutes later the door finally opened and closed and it was silent. No more whistling, no more singing in the shower, no running water, no coughing, no spitting, nothing, just crickets. HALLELUJAH! I flushed and hurried out as fast as I could. I opened the door, praying that no one was in the hallway or would see me come out. Right when the door shut, another guy turned the corner to come in and off I went to find the "Ladies Restroom" to at least wash my hands. It could have been a lot worse- One after another, or someone waiting for the stall I was in, but thankfully it was only one guy that chose to use the bathroom at that time. PHEW!

I was also scared that the daycare would need me if one of my kiddos needed something, and not be able to find me. Thankfully, they didn't. I was happy to finish my run and get the heck out of there. If anyone needs to know which restroom they should use at Body WorX- (since they are unmarked) just ask, I'll show you personally.

I've taken a tour of both today :)

15 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Jessa...I'm sorry, I shouldn't be laughing! You poor thing... I can't imagine the thoughts that were going through your mind of how to get out of there!
Love you!!

Susan said...

Oh my gosh - you have me laughing hysterically! :) Sorry you had to experience that, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading about it! :)

Maria said...

Thanks! I needed a good laugh! I'm grinning from ear to ear! You are so darling! I can't believe you sat there for FIFTEEN MINUTES!! I would definitely have bolted long before that moment...(eyes closed, of course!)

CB said...

That is seriously hilarious!

You were smart to wait. I am not sure what I would have done...the shower - Yikes!!

Karly and Nick said...

That is horrible, but so funny! I can just see you sitting there. And that fifteen minutes had to seem like an eternity! Glad you made it out 'safe'!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Oh my gosh! That is so funny - now anyways! At the time I would have died! Thanks for sharing such a good laugh!

MandaJ said...

that is so funny! I really needed a laugh.

anna said...

Jessica.. I had a fun one like that. I went to go into the handicap bathroom at the outlets and found the door was open.(womens bathroom) A man with his pants at his ankles came running at me trying to get the door before I came in. I saw everything. I started laughing and did not stop even after he came out. LOVE Those moments.

Sheri said...

Jess... this is one of the funniest embarrasing stories ever!! I hope you are laughing!!
Remind me Saturday to tell you about another friend at a gym!!

Unknown said...

Seriously, Jessa...you made my day!

Sorry, but it makes for a funny story!

:)

Debbie said...

I'm laughing so hard Jess! I think we have all done things like that at one time or another.

Julie said...

Jess you crack me up!

Kayleen said...

That's too funny!!!

Jen Crook said...

That is hillarious! Loving the good laugh.

Unknown said...

Oh, that story is hilarious!!! I would die as well!!! Loved it!