CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Time gone by..

Man these last 2 weeks have been a blur, but I will try to re-cap to the best of my abilities.
Tuesday morning my sister Julie flew in from Kuwait for her 2 week R & R vacation. The kids and I decided to go and join mom at the airport so that we could welcome her to Utah (she had already been in Denver for a few days). We were so excited to see her. I'm mad because I forgot my camera and didn't realize it until we pulled into the airport. Dang!
It was so fun to see her walking down. I got a little teary eyed when we saw her. We were all excited to have her home for a few weeks. She has been gone since before Thanksgiving last year. My kids were excited as well and couldn't even wait for her to walk down the hall they almost made it through security. After we picked up her luggage we decided to go and enjoy some lunch. We headed to Bountiful and ate at Paradise Cafe & Bakery. YUMMY!
Loving auntie Julie
cute Grandma, Julie and Tay (sorry it's a bit blurry)Afterwards, Mom and Julie went shopping and the we headed home so that we would be there when Jen and her kiddos arrived. We made it just in time. It was so fun to see them drive up to our house! Seeing both my sisters in 1 day was awesome.
Jen came down to help me with my kids so that I could be with Sean. He had surgery Wednesday morning. We found out the night before that we had to be to the hospital at 5:30 so the alarm went off at 4:20. UGH! I am NOT a morning person, especially when we stayed up until midnight.
After we checked in they had to hurry because Sean was scheduled at 7:30 to be in surgery and at 7:15 they were still trying to take blood and everything else. After they wheeled him down the hall I didn't get to see him again until after 11 upstairs in his recovery room, so it was a long morning. He was a bit out of it, but everything went great. After getting him everything he needed he was ready to sleep so I headed home at about 12:30 to make sure everything was okay at my house. Tayler had declared Wednesday pajama day so they were all loving it when I came home.
The girls made up several dances to entertain us with (Rylee & Alyssa)Mom and Julie had just gotten there a few minutes before I did so we all hang out and soaked up some sun on the back porch while all the kids ran around and played.
Love this picture. My 2 darling sisters!
2 cute boys
Jayson had to talk to his daddy when he called, peanut butter and ALL, he sure thinks his dad is great
That night I headed back to the hospital around 8 to check in on Sean again. I was SOO tried when I came home at 11:00. It was a LoNg day indeed, but everything went well.

Jen was awesome and I couldn't have come and gone like I did without her. She is a fabulous sister and I love her so much!

Thursday and Friday we hung out as well. Rylee and I went and picked up Sean Thursday evening to bring him home. It was so nice to have him home.

Friday we got some swimming in, FINALLY. It was the first non rainy day of the week. It was fun and wore the kids right out. Saturday came and Jen had to leave :( It is never fun to say good-bye. We had a great week with them and can't wait to see them again.

7 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

I hope Sean is feeling better from Surgery! Yeah for sisters and being together!

Katie & Jared said...

I love the picture of Jayson on the phone. Cayden enjoys talking to his daddy on the phone too. These boys are getting SO big!!!

Give Sean our love. Hope he is recovering quickly.

Love ya!

Maria said...

Sounds like a whirlwind of exhaustingness/family togetherness. :) Miss you!

Karly and Nick said...

Sisters are the best huh! I am glad you got to spend time with them. I hope Sean is feeling better, what surgery did he have? I hope he is okay!

Jayson is so big! 2 yrs did go by too fast!

Sheri said...

Wow! Busy lady!! I hope Sean's recovery is great and all goes well with it!

CB said...

Your little Jayson is getting So big! Wow - How they grow!

Glad your hubbys surgery went well.

So TOTALLY fun that all of you "girls" could be together for a few days!!

Love the pictures :D

Julie said...

Well I would say you did a mighty fine recap Jess!

I hope after the crazy, wirlwind two weeks it has been that you finally had a chance to relax!