CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Reflection

Today marks 6 years that we had to say goodbye to my sweet Dad. There have been so many times that I have longed to just talk to him and get his opinion on things. Sometimes I talk to him in the car while I am driving (of course, only if I am by myself or my kids are asleep ;)

He was a great man that did so much behind the scenes. He was always there if you needed him. He was such a great listener and you ALWAYS knew that you were loved.

My mom has been amazing through it all. I am not sure how she does it, but somehow she does!

I feel lucky to have the family that I do. Thank heavens for our gospel knowledge that we will be reunited again. What an amazing blessing and time that will be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really 6 years? Wow. You all seem very strong and do such a great job of keeping his memory alive.
Thinking of you today!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jess for that nice post!
I always talk to him in the car too and I swear there I times I think he answers back! :)

Sheri said...

THat's how I often talk to my Heavenly Father... so why not your earthly Father too?! Hugs to you... I can't imagine!

Anonymous said...

Great post Jess. I love how you say "You always knew you were loved!" How true that was, I never questioned that for a second... I think we were spoiled to have such a wonderful Dad!

Debbie said...

What a nice tribute to your dad. He must have been an amazing man.

CB said...

I know this is always a hard time for all of you.

It is great how much love you show and talk about on this Anniversary. I am sure your dad just beams from Heaven looking at his family.

Thank goodness for the knowledge you have.