CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad

Today is my Dad's birthday. I sure do miss him. I thought about him a lot today which is nothing new because I think about him a lot most days. I love to know that he is around me at times.

One of the greatest things my mom did for us was to type up his journal and put it into a book for each one of us. I love to pick it up and read it. I love to read what he was feeling at different times throughout his life.

In the front of his journal my mom put a quote that says:
"... Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you..
I loved you so- t'was heaven here with you"
--- Isla Paschal Richardson
Sometimes it is hard to not speak of him with tears, he was a fantastic dad and I love him.

9 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Happy Birthday DAD! Jess my thoughts are with you. I know he is a great man - because look how awesome you turned out!

Anonymous said...

That quote always gets to me...it's such a good one.
I love dad's journal as well.

Shelly said...

Your dad was such a special man and we loved him, too. We are thinking about him today, too.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Dad!

Maria said...

Oh, you are a sweet, sweet person. Here's loving you at a time that sounds a little bitter-sweet.

Amy said...

What a beautiful quote! Thank you for your example! What wonderful parents you have! I truly believe that those who have gone before us are around to help us at times!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Great post Jess! Its true, its not just the birthday, anniversary, or holidays that I think of Dad...I don't think a day has gone by where my thoughts haven't turned to him and how lucky I am to have known him for 21 years!

Julie said...

What a neat quote. You are lucky to have had such a great man for a dad. Sorry he is not with you now.

jamatukk said...

Jess:
Like I said it made me cry when I read it. And crazy that we talked about it on the phone today cause about two hours later my Dad called and reminded me how it is my Mothers birthday today. I cried more. Anyway love to you and be proud and greatful to the wonderful person you have become and know that is a tribute to your loving father. Love ya Britt