Tonight we watched Emma Smith, My Story. I thought it was an excellent movie, and even drew a few tears out of me at the end. It really made me think about all that her and Joseph went through. So much sorrow with all the children they lost. So much hatred against them from the mobs. It truly made everything I do on a day to day basis seem so easy. At the end I wondered if I would have been strong enough to withstand everything that they experienced. I would hope so, but it would have been trying to say the least.
Last night was our Halloween Activity. It was a lot of fun and the trunk or treat was great. The weather was perfect so I think it was a success. The new Bishopric presented the members of the old Bishopric with a beautiful Simon Dewey picture. It was very humbling and so thoughtful. They are such an amazing group of men.
This morning I was released from being the Activity Chair person. I was kind of bummed because I was finally getting the hang of it and actually really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed working with Kathryn so much. She is just plain fabulous! I was called as the Beehive Advisor which I am equally excited about. The President and counselors in YW's are fabulous so it will be a great opportunity.
This past week I was able to hang out with my mom and little sister Julie before she heads to Kuwait for a year. It was a blast! That will be tomorrow's post.








11 comments:
You have done such a great job with the activities. Saturday night was so much fun. I loved your post, to hear about Tayler reading along during scripture study is just so neat. You are great Jess!
Good to know about the movie- I was wondering if it was good.
How sweet that she wants her own scriptures. CHerish that!
Yeah for you and the YW of your ward...you will LOVE working with the girls and they will love you!
Congrats on a a wonderful party...what a way to end.
I love your thoughtful Sunday post...it's awesome when the kids can read their scriptures and participate. I walked into the girls room a couple weeks ago and found them saying their individual prayers...it was very heartwarming!
I am so excited for those Beehives because they have the best adviser ever! I am jealous, too, because I have always wanted to be with the YW, and have never been there. I think we always get released when we get the hang of things.
Tayler is a good little reader... she definitely impressed me! Have fun with your new calling.
I love reading all that you are grateful for! Those YW women really are lucky!!
Holy Smokes, your family is going to be all over the place, Kuwait? Good luck Julie.
I bet you did an awesome job as the activities chair and I know you'll love YW just as much. Have fun.
YW's is so fun what a great calling.
Now you can use all those "Activity Chairman" skills you have learned and "party" with your girls!
Have fun:)
I'll bet the Young Women had a blast last night with their new Beehive advisor! You are perfect for that position! And Debbie's right--you HAVE done an amazing job as the activities chairperson. You're wonderful!
Yeah! Another YW's junkie! I love the Beehives. They are so cute and innocent!
Love ya! :)
Post a Comment