CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Out with the old and in with the new

Sunday we had a special meeting at the Stake Center where the boundaries for our ward were realigned. 4 wards were made out of 3. The new Chelmes Farms ward was created which took people from our ward, Fox Hollow ward, and the Clearfield 11th ward.
The old bishopric was released and a new bishopric was called. Our new Bishopric will be amazing. The Bishop and his family are fantastic.

Sean had mixed emotions about being released because he loved serving with Bishop P* and Brother S* so much! It will be nice to have him sit with us again and home a little bit more.

Also on Sunday was our wards Primary program. It was so cute and when they started singing I Am a Child of God at the beginning so much emotion ran through me and I choked up. I was up on the stand sitting with Tay's class and it was so beautiful to hear all of the children singing their little hearts out.

Each child was asked to write a thought (or line) to say depending on their class topic.

Tayler's topic was reading and studying the scriptures so this was her line that she came up with us:
" The scriptures teach us that the Lord protects his righeous servants, just like the story of the three men who got thrown into the fiery furnace"

Rylee's topic was Jesus Christ is my Savior so her sentence was
" I love learning about Jesus"

They both delivered them so well. Rylee loved talking into the microphone. It was a great day.

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Jess,

I think it was just as emotional for me as it was for Mike. Everybody was hugging us after the meeting, but we have such an awesome new Bishopbric that I am really excited for them. The Bishop's wife, before us, said she felt the same way, that it was kind of a grief process for us.

Joey and Nettifer said...

yeah for having daddy sit with the family again! What a wonderful way to serve the lord.

Your girls are so precious!

Anonymous said...

Change is good and hard all at the same time. Sean is an amazing leader and I'm sure this won't be the last "bigger" calling for him. (He also has an AMAZING wife!!)

I love the primary program...the kids are adorable and the spirit is so clear.
I wish I could have seen it again this year!
Hugs to your cute family.

Moore Family said...

I also get very emotional listening to the primary sing their hearts out. It's so sweet and the words they sing are so powerful, they bare such wonderful testimony of who they are! I love serving in the primary!

Unknown said...

I can just imagine little Rylee with the microphone!

:)

Amy said...

I look forward to the Primary Program every year! Your girls were darling! Thank you so much for all that you and Sean do for our ward! You have such an amazing family and we love you so much! Thank you for your friendship!

Jen Crook said...

Congrats on getting your husband back. How nice that will be. I am sure it will be bitter/sweet though. Change is tough but it is part of life right? I am trying to embrace that whole theory.

Anonymous said...

Kids are so darn cute! I'm glad Sean gets to sit with you again. That is exciting!

Ariane and Wyatt said...

Wyatt loved serving with Sean as well. He learned a great deal from him and our family will forever be blessed through coming to serve with and know your family. And we agree the new Bishop and his wife are fantastic and the bishopbric will do an amazing job. We love them all.