CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

1st day of fall

Happy First Day of FALL everyone. It's the perfect day to start the fall
season. We woke up to the sound of rain and quickly found our slippers and
sweatshirts. I love days like this. I think I will make soup for dinner. Tayler
has been asking for soup and bread bowls all summer. Our temp's are suppose
to stay in the mid 60's all day and then warm up this week. I put out all my fall
decorations on Friday night and I love it!!

Tayler started back on track this morning. As I sent her out the door to her
ride I felt a little bit of sadness again, like it is the 1st day of school all over again.
I really enjoy having her home with me. I will miss her again.
Afterwards Rylee and I sat out on our porch swing wrapped up
in a blanket and read stories for a little while. I love having one on one time
with my kids. Tomorrow when Rylee goes to preschool it will just be me and
Jayson for the 1st time.

The weekend was a whirlwind. Friday I worked over 12 hours at the dental office.
At 4:45 we had 4 emergency patients come in. It was crazy. That night
I came home (at 7:30), we went to eat at Training Table, then came home and put the
kids in bed. Then we cleaned until I really had no energy left and went to bed. Got up
at 5:30 the next morning and worked until 1:15. Came home to make rolls and finish
cleaning for Sean's work party at 5:30. It was really fun, even though it was
rainy so we couldn't be outside and the Wii didn't work downstairs, even though
it had worked fine that afternoon. Strange! He works with really nice people.
We ate ribs, chicken, twice baked potatoes, rolls, veggie tray, and cheesecake from
the cheesecake factory. It was yum!

My husband was the best dad in the world and had everything under control and cleaned
the house while I worked Friday and Saturday.

Saturday after the party I was SO ready for a good nights rest, but Jayson had other
plans. He hasn't been awake during the night for almost a year now, but Saturday
he must not have felt very good so he was up most of the night. At about 4 am he
finally went to sleep.

Well, happy Monday and 1st day of Fall everyone!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute background Jess-
You must be so tired after your whirlwind weekend...next weekend should be a nice change for you!!!!!
Something must be in the air because our little dude is having a hard time going to sleep and he was up for an hour wanting to play last night...little twirp!
Enjoy the rain...we had in all day on Saturday...it's kind of fun!
Love you

Debbie said...

What a busy weekend. I felt the same way this morning when Scotlyn went back to school after being off track. Ivy cried when she left and it made me cry. BTW, I copied "Flashback Friday" from my SIL, it's fun to post old pictures and bring back memories.

CB said...

Happy First day of Fall! I am glad I find others out there who love the fall and snuggling up in a blanket and eating soup as much as I do. What a great time of year.

Hope you recovered from your weekend it sounded crazy - You have alot of energy:)))

Anonymous said...

I think you definitly win the busy award and Sean wins the good husband and dad award this week! So, can we have that dinner...say on Oct 11th? J/K You always fix great food and have awesome parties! I'm excited to hang with you in a few weeks!

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a busy weekend, it made me feel tired reading it. You are a wonder woman!

Loving this fall weather had all the windows open last night, letting that lovely breeze blow right in!

Anonymous said...

Your blog background is perfect. I also loved the feeling in the air today.
Slow down, you're making me feel lazy!

Emily Dixon said...

Hey Jess-
In my perfect world it would be fall all year long!!

Here is the website for the Tin Angel, www.thetinangel.com. You will have to let me kow if you go!

Maria said...

Hooray for fall! I love the changing weather! You ARE one busy MAMA! Your kids are so lucky to have you!

Jen Crook said...

Happy Fall to you guys too! The temperatures are amazing and I love having the windows open all day and night. It just feels so good!

jamatukk said...

Jess:
Breakfast was a blast. I want to call you today just to see what your suprise was. I love that. We are in trouble for our husbands b-days for sure. Thanks for being a friend and listening. Love Britt