CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Tay is 6

I honestly can't believe that this sweet little angel came into my life 6 years ago. It was a perfect, warm August day. I was induced with her so Sean and I headed to LDS hospital early that morning. I remember the night before she was born laying in bed & talking to Sean about having a baby. We were both so excited (and a little nervous)! On our way to the hospital I called my mom and dad to let them know. After filling out all the paperwork we settled into our room. The doctor came in and broke my water around noon and she was born at 5:21 p.m. I would love to say that she was perfect, but she had a few mishaps from the being in the birth canal so long that left her a little bruised, swollen and well, lopsided. Yet, I remember holding her for the first time and being completely in love and overwhelmed thinking that I was her mother and she was my little girl. After things "straightened out" she was beautiful and has grown more and more beautiful every day. Her temperament has always been easy going and very loving. She is obedient and always tries to do what she is asked. I really lucked out with her. I am so grateful that she is in my life.

The other night she left me a note that said:
" Mom, I love you. You are so fun to be with. Love Tayler"
She truly does bring a smile to my face each and every day. She helps me more than she will ever realize. She has the kindest heart. Happy 6th Birthday Sweetheart.
I LOVE YOU!!
(right before she left for school)

This morning we woke her up and had a big breakfast ready for her. Her favorite is pancakes with strawberries & whip cream, hash browns and sausage. Rylee and I found this "birthday hat" yesterday that we will use whenever someone has a birthday. It will be our special hat.
We let her open her presents after breakfast.

This afternoon we are taking treats into her school class. Afterwards we are going up to a cabin with some friends for the weekend. It will be nice to go and relax. Tayler wanted an ice cream cake after dinner tonight so we will grab one on our way up to the cabin and keep this party going!

Next week is her friends party. We are doing a Movie themed night with candy, popcorn, cotton candy, etc.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Tayler!
It's hard to believe it has already been 6 years. I remember leaving from Vegas that morning...hoping we'd be there when she was born and we were. She was beautiful as a baby and continues to grow and be beautiful not only physically but on the inside as well. She is a sweetheart and we love her so much. We are sending birthday hugs and kisses...catch them!!!

Susan said...

Jess, she is definitely your 'mini-me'! So dang cute! And Tay, you have great taste in breakfast food, we could be great friends! :)

Anonymous said...

Tay you are a cutie! Have a great b-day! Love you!

Debbie said...

Such cute photos and what a fun day. Scotlyn can't wait for the party next week!

Jen Crook said...

Happy Birthday Tayler! It is such fun to be 6...enjoy it while it lasts!

Amy said...

You are the cutest mom! It goes by so fast. We love Tayler! What darling kids.

Katie & Jared said...

Happy Birthday Tay We love you so much!!!!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Happy Birthday Tay! Love the hat and what a yummy breakfast. That sound so good!

Anonymous said...

She's so cute! Birthdays really are the best.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Tay! I can't believe she's 6!

:)