CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Another week to stay & play

Sean flew home from Boise so that the kids and I could stay and hang out with Jen and her kids. We were able to stay until Friday and had so much fun just being together.
I loved this picture-- they loved playing together
Tuesday before Brent and Ashley left we went over to a place downtown and did a
Nature Walk
The way they had it set up was so cool and the kids loved it.





The lady at the Center took out the Snake to feed it and let the kids pet it.. YuCk!



Cute Aunt Ashley taught all the kids about pressed pennies and got everyone their own. Thanks Ash!




Afterwards we hit Chili's for some grub. It was great to spend a little extra time with Brent and Ash as well. They are such great people and so cute with all the nieces and nephews.


Thursday we went to this awesome
Splash Park
right by my sisters house. I think the kids could have stayed there all day, luckily we didn't since little Mr. Eli got a sun-kissed face.








Eli was such a doll the whole weekend. He loved being outside at the water park.




I loved playing with the kids and holding Eli.


Thursday night we went to a party for Jen's good friend Stephanie and her family who were moving to Spokane at the Bakow's house. They had an awesome back yard. It was fun to let the kids play and just sit and chat. Thanks Cherie for letting me crash the party as well :)


Then Friday came, the dreaded day to say good-bye. My kids were so sad to leave. I wasn't so keen on the idea either. I love being with my sister. She is such a wonderful person and is so much fun to be around. It was a fabulous week.


The drive home was uneventful, UNTIL Ogden when they closed the freeway. After that things got a little ugly. We followed the detour signs, but it was taking us places where I had NO idea of where we were. We finally made it home around 10:45 so our 4 hour trip turned into 6 1/2 due to the dumb road construction. My kids were amazingly good though.


They were all very excited to see their daddy. Sean unpacked everything and sent me upstairs to take a nice hot bath. 2 of my 3 kids joined me, but it still felt great!


I am so blessed to have such a great family. Thanks again Jen for letting us crash for another whole week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog Jess!!
We wish these events were an everyday occurance...or at least every week!
We had so much fun with you and the kids!!!
Love you tons

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have stayed and played, but the time I was there was fabulous!

That picture of Jayson in his swimsuit is awesome!