Wow.. its already been over a week. Where in the world have I been?
so the last time I posted I had just cleaned my house right? Well that night we knew that the Young Men/Young Women were doing something for the Bishopric & their spouses, but we had no idea what. They told us to come over to the church at 6:45 and that there would be babysitters for our children, but surprise, we heard a knock on the door at 6:30 and it was them. They had a babysitter to stay with our kids, and took us out for a date. Oh wait-- it gets better. While we were gone, they took our kids over to the church for ice cream and games (so they had a blast too), while the YM cleaned, oh yes, CLEANED our houses!
Dang it! Why did I clean that day. They mopped and vacuumed, and folded some laundry. Can you believe that? It was beyond nice and so appreciated. What great young people we have in our ward.
**They also put together a cute basket together with lotion, candy, and a cute card for all the wives. It was an awesome night-- to say the least**
Then last night my cutest friend, Maria and I got to go to see MAID OF HONOR. Just the two of us. It was so awesome. She is the kind of friend that you can just be yourself with. We get along so great and I love just being around her. She is the kind of friend that makes me want to be better and try harder. I think we are so much alike too. It was a much needed time away. Thanks so much Maria for everything. You rock!
It must be a TUESDAY thing. Good things happen on Tuesday's for me. I think that is my new favorite day of the week.
Yesterday during the day we went to the cemetery (since my mom and I never made it on Memorial Day). My sister, Julie, and Jared,Katie and Cayden have been in town so it was fun to be with them too.
My kids and I went out Saturday morning to see them and didn't come home until Sunday night. I love spending time with my family. The purpose was to get some projects done around the house that my mom needed help with. We did a little of that, but mostly goofed off. Sorry mom, I guess that's what happens when we get together :))
Here are some other pictures from our week.
I LOVE this picture of Rylee and Jared. I looked out the window and this is what I saw. She loves him.
All of the gang at the cemetery
Jayson and Cayden kickin' it
Jayson and Aunt Katie
Out at my moms-- Jayson and Cayden-- our little pianist. They both loved it.
Sean took all the kids out for a bike ride. Jayson and Rylee in tow and Tay on her bike.








12 comments:
It looks like you had a lot of fun with your family! Thanks again for a fun night. You really are the best. As Cory put it, "Maria loves Jessica." Well said! :) One day, maybe we'll open that bakery together, eh? (if only we could figure out how to run a bakery and not have to show up to work until about 9:30...)
What an awesome service project! I will have to remember that next time I'm planning our YW activities. Lucky!:)
I need those boys to come to my house. Could I set up a time. How about next Tuesday @ 2. Good time.
GOt to love family! Looks like you had a wonderful happy time together!
I want my ward to do that! What an amazing thoughtful service project!
Sounds like you guys are having some good times together.
Did you like Made of Honor?
I agree, we need some more outdoor pool time weather. Hopefully soon!
We had SO much FUN hanging with you guys! I have a "finished" picture of the wall so I'll post it.
And I love the picture at the cemetary where I look 100 lbs overweight. Thanks for giving me a complex!!! Just kidding. Its motivation for me! ;) Can't wait to see you again in a few weeks!
LOVE YOU!!!
jess so happy for your good fortune on Tuesdays! I can't wait to see what happens next week! It's like you've createda a cliff hanger and I'm hooked so I'll be sure to tune in! LOve ya! k
Jess I have tell you that I'm so jealous!! I love that the youth did that for you...that is so awesome!
I was with all you guys this weekend in thought...looks like you did a great job painting mom's wall!!
Love you and your cute cute kiddos...can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!
i love you! you are my very most favorite jessica in the whole world! just thought i'd let you know!
Wow...what a cool project. I think they would turn and run away from my house though.
I am so far behind on reading blogs and posting an update on mine. Yikes! Great pictures. It was way fun hanging with you!
Post a Comment