group was awesome! We hosted the appetizers at our house and after the salad
course Sean and I went over to the church to trade off with the other couple in the
nursery.
There were 47 kids,
so it was us and 5 Young Women against all the kids.
3 hours
It was OUT OF CONTROL!!!!
Anyway, I have heard a lot of feedback to how wonderful it was, so I am glad
that everyone enjoyed themselves and met new people. Hooray!
Yesterday was a stressful day. You know the days that you just feel like
the world is against you. There are several reasons, which I won't expound
upon, but I am grateful to my husband and sister for listening to me. Sometimes
you just need to put everything back in perspective. That is my new goal.
Today, I woke up with a new attitude to try my best to look at the positive.
I don't want to get mad at my kids (or husband) because I have taken on
way more than I can handle and thus be the beneficiaries of a stressed out
Mom who takes everything out on them. That is so not fair.
I have decided that it is okay to say "no" even without a real reason. It
will be fun to try it out and see if I can really do it. Wish me luck.
.. and with that I have a 3 year old that is waiting to play Barbies with me.
p.s. Jayson had a tooth pop through. That may explain his prolonged orneriness,
although he is pretty sick still with a wicked cough.








6 comments:
You have help down the street when you need it. Remember, I am home ALL DAY LONG :/ sigh... kris
really, "no" is a great word and it is totally OK to use it!
Hey Superwoman...I want to be like you when I grow up!
Love you tons
Jen
Good luck saying no. Sometimes its actually quite nice to tell people no. So have fun doing it!!!
I am glad that your progressive dinner went well.
Wow, you must have a large group of people couples in your ward to have that many little ones. Our whole primary isn't even that big.
I also struggle with telling people no. Just today I was feeling bad about being "mean" to my kids because of a situation I got myself into too.
I hate to hear moms yell at their kids and when I hear myslef doing it, I feel like I sound just like those women and I hate it.
I am glad you have a great husband and sisters who support you.
Keep up the good work.
yeah for you to says "no". I use to always feel guilty for saying no and I felt like I had to give a reason. Not anymore I just say "no". Sometimes it feels sooooo good!
Sorry about the stress. I hate days like that!
Post a Comment