CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Organizing

I am in the process right now (and have been the WHOLE day) of organizing a Neighborhood/Ward Progressive Dinner on Friday. I just organized the groups and now I get to run around 40 "invites" to let people know where they will start and so on. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the sign-up though. I think it will be fun?! Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well! I divided everyone into groups of 8 (4 couples) and then we are ending with dessert at the Church so that everyone can socialize.
How did I get chosen to be the Activities chair again? (honey-- you were supposed to use some of your power and SAVE me from such a thing.. Thanks A lot!!!!)

Anyway,

In the process I made these YUMMY cookies. They are so easy and so good. Here's the recipe just in case you want to give them a try too. (you won't be sorry you did!)

Mint Brownie Cookies
1 pkg. Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1/3 cup oil
½ cup flour
2 eggs
1 tbsp. Water
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheet.

In a medium bowl beat together ingredients till smooth, it is thick at the
end I do it with my hands

Roll the dough into 1.5 inch balls and place on the prepared cookie
sheet 2 inches apart. Then smash flat to about ¼ inch thick with bottom of cup
Bake for 6 minutes. Let cool on wire racks

Mint Frosting
¼ cup butter flavored shortening
2 tsp. mint extract
¼ cup butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1 ¾ cup powdered sugar
green food coloring

Mix all ingredients with mixer. Frosting will be lumpy
and dry at first just keep mixing, add food coloring after mixing.

Frost cooled cookies with thin layer of mint frosting, let mint frosting
harden by the air then top with chocolate frosting on top of mint layer
(I used just a Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate frosting).

ENJOY!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cookies sound yummy!!! Thanks...we'll have to try them!

Your activity sounds like so much fun...it's nice to see someone breaking away from the traditional "ward parties". That's why you were called...you're just that good!!!!
Good luck, it will all come together beautifully and you'll be pleasantly surprised!!
Have fun!

Anonymous said...

oh yummy! I can't wait to try them. I got about 15 boxes of cake mix for Christmas (strange I know...but we did all food storage stuff for Christmas as siblings.)

Anonymous said...

We tried the cookies...yummmmo! Although I would make the mint frosting as half a batch...it made WAY too much. But it was yummy!