Man it seems like we can't shake this sickness thing. We need some
healthy thoughts sent our way.
Saturday things were good, but then that night came. We went to the
temple at 5 so we dropped our kids off at Sean's sisters house. When we
picked them up after the temple and dinner, Jayson was not doing
well at all. He sounded horrible and was having trouble breathing.
We brought him home and after he was bundled up, Sean took him outside
to see if the fresh cold air would help. It would help for a little while, but
by about 12:15 he was having some serious struggles to catch his breath.
I took him to the Doctor and when I arrived the intake nurse said it would be
about an hour wait. She asked what was wrong and I told her that he was
struggling to breathe. She had the nurse come out to do a Pulse Ox and as
the nurse was hooking him up she indicated to the intake nurse that they needed
to get him back ASAP. (they even asked that the epinephrine be nearby).
Comforting!
They immediately started him on a breathing treatment. He kept holding his
breath too, which didn't help the situation. After a while with the breathing
treatments he seemed to be able to breathe a little easier. Poor little guy!
They gave him a shot of steroids and sent us home. They were going to
keep us overnight to monitor him, but thought he was okay to leave. He
slept by our bed that night and man it wasn't a restful night. I stared at him all
night long.
I tell ya, I hate when my kids are sick and I can't do anything to ease their
pain. He seems to be doing better each day. Thank heavens for modern
day medicine. How did the pioneers do it? Honestly, to watch their kids
and other loved ones die because they didn't have anything to treat them. That
would have been the hardest thing ever! I know that sounds a bit dramatic
but I was just thinking how hard that would be.
I just hope this sickness heads out soon! My sweet friend just brought
me dinner! We have a great neighborhood.
Mindy McKnight’s Affiliate / Coupon Codes
1 month ago








6 comments:
I hope little Jayson is doing better... and I hope he doesn't give us a scare like that again!
I hope everyone is doing better. I can't imagine how scary that was to watch him trying to breath and not being able to. You're a great mom and I hope everyone gets and stays healthy!!
Are you guys OK? Dang...call me! We can help. Croup sucks and unfortunately for you, he will probably be a bit more prone to it from now on. Makynlee got it a few years ago and now every sniffle turns into croup for her.
We would like the healthy thoughts too...after our month long bout with the flu and now I have a UTI, I am DONE being sick! At least it is looking like spring is in our future, finally!
Poor little guy! Glad he's doing better!
:)
Seriously I am starting to think that you shouldn't write good things down on the blog.
Last week I wrote about how Bess was doing so good and was totally potty trained. She had gone 3 nights without diapers and totally dry....well that night she wet the bed and had 3 accidents that day. I am happy to say it only happened that day and she is back on track and things are good....but really I thought I cursed myself over my blog.
It looks like it might have happened to you too.
I hope the poor thing gets better soon, for all your sakes!
At least we can be happy that the sun is starting to come out a bit more and the snow is quickly melting away. In fact it's free day that the zoo tomorrow and it's suppose to be in the 50's. We are so there!
Sad Day!!! I hope Jayson is getting better. I'm taking Cayden in to the doctor in the morning because he is coming down with something. I don't know how you handled it with Jayson being so sick. It breaks my heart.
Hopefully you all are feeling better now.
Post a Comment