CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Random thought

I have been thinking so much about my dad these past few weeks. We are just shy of 5 years that he has been gone. For some reason
more than before I have such a yearning to see him. I know that he is around and
watching over us, but I just want to be able to wrap my arms around him.
At times, I still expect to see him when I open the door to my parent's house. Sometimes I think it is so unfair, but then I am quickly reminded that it is NOT our plan nor time table that decides how long our journey will be.

I feel blessed to know with NO doubts where we will go after this life and for that I am eternally grateful. I will see him again. What an awesome day that will be!

I put the Josh Groban song "To Where You Are" on my playlist because every time I hear that song I think of him around me.

I want my family to know how much I love each one of them. Thank you for all you do for me.
(I love to see my brothers, Steve, and my hubby in the above picture. To me it is such a powerful one!)

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Lovely post. I am sorry you miss him, but what a comfort to truly know you will be with him again.

Ryan has the same feelings often about his Dad who has been gone for 13 years. But we too feel him with us so many times.

Love you!!!

Unknown said...

I miss him too! Thanks for reminding me what it's all about!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Its funny that just last night I was thinking about Dad and how much I learned from him in the short 21 years I knew him! Thanks for your post.

Anonymous said...

That picture brought tears to my eyes. Families are priceless.

Joey and Nettifer said...

What an awesome religion we have to know you will see him again someday. To bad that someday seems so far away sometimes!
Luvs!

Anonymous said...

That picture will be a favorite of mine (if you can use that word for event such as that).
Thanks for sharing your thoughts of dad...he's always in our thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Okay I've never heard that song. I can see why you like it so much and it brought the tears on!