CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

one day at a time


So yesterday as I dropped everyone off at school I noticed that my little Tay was crying, just looking out the window. After all of the other kids jumped out I drove around the corner to give her a hug and figure out what was wrong before I just sent her in for the day.

After a minute she told me that she couldn't see the "moon" like all the other kids who were pointing to it and talking about it on the way so she was upset. Although that may be a silly thing to cry over it broke my heart. I hate to see my kids upset. I gave her some hugs and cuddled her for a minute and then left the car running and then showed her what all the kids were pointing too so that she wouldn't feel left out. The reason she couldn't see it was because they were looking at a foggy sun, but calling it the moon. She assumed that there was something she wasn't seeing and was looking for the "moon". We laughed and I hugged her and walked her to the door of the school and watched her walk in. She turned around and I winked at her and blew her a kiss.

This made me think a lot about being a parent yesterday and what that entails. I hope that what I teach her is the right thing or that I'm even doing enough as a parent. She has such a tender little heart and I never want that to change.

Does anyone else ever feel that way?

I would love to just keep all of my kids "under my wings" like mother hens do. It's hard to let them go and experience the world for themselves.

I guess I can't keep them from growing up and it's okay. I am grateful for guidance through prayer. I'm not sure what I would do without that.

After I picked her up from school I decided that we would just have a fun day and go to lunch and do a little shopping. Tay picked Chick-Fil-A to eat at (shocker) so off we went. It was a fun day! I think it is the little things that mean a lot! I need to remember that more often!!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

You are a fabulous mother and wonderful example to me. What a great job handling her sadness!

Katie & Jared said...

You are an awesome mom Jess. No doubt about that.

Sweet little Tay! I would have been upset too if I couldn't be a part of the conversation.

Anonymous said...

Tay is so cute... I love her!

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a good mom you are to stop and take the time for her and make her feeled loved! What a sweet tender heart she has two. If I gave out awards you would get one for that!

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing mom-your kids are dang lucky to have you. At least YOUR kid is the smart one eh? She knew it was the sun all along!

Unknown said...

I am also having parental thoughts these days, more like feeling that I'm not doing a good enough job. I'm glad you are taking time to be a great mom! You are a wonderful example!

Anonymous said...

Okay Jess-There needs to be a limit to the tear jerker blogs...2 in a row...my eyes and nose are now just a runnin'!
Cute little Tayler...she is so sweet and innocent....you just want to keep her that way forever.
You are a great mom and your kids are lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

What a great moment. I am sure she will always remember you taking the time to explain it all.
I could definitely take a lesson in that!