It was a Fantastic weekend.. with one small bump in the road!
Saturday little Rylee (yes Rylee again) hurt herself, but this time it was pretty bad. Sean had taken them grocery shopping and she fell out of the cart and landed face down on the hard tile. On the way down she caught a display shelf and split her head open as well. So now my little Rylee has 4 staples in her head. Poor Sean, he felt so bad and even teared up several times. Luckily my brother in law Mike was there at the store with his 2 boys so the oldest one, Connor, went with Sean to the Instacare to keep pressure on Rylee's head and Tayler went home with Mike. He also paid for our groceries and came and put them away for us. Thanks Mike! I got a call on my cell phone and thought Sean was kidding at first, but after a second I knew that he was serious so I headed over to meet them.
Rylee was covered in blood, although they had cleaned her up pretty good, as well as Sean's shirt and jacket. (Gotta love how head wounds bleed!) The cut was pretty deep and about 1 1/2 inches. When I got there, Sean left to take Connor home and get Tay, so I stayed and got to experience the fun part of stapling her head back up. I have to say that she is the bravest little girl I have ever met! The nurses were so impressed and what a little trooper she was. They didn't numb it, because they said the shot to numb it almost hurt worse than just doing it quickly. They did use the topical numbing medication, but I'm not sure how much that did. Anyway, I held her while the doctor did the procedure. I can't believe they use actual staples and it looks just like a mini stapler that we use. Now we get to go back on Friday to get them removed! After everything was over, Rylee fell asleep in the car on the way home and after she woke up she was happy as could be. I gave her some more Tylenol that night, but then she didn't seem to need any. It was quite the afternoon. We had gotten a babysitter so that we could go out that night for Valentine's Day (since the FOOD STORAGE thing was done), but had to cancel since we had to watch "carefully" for signs of a concussion and things like that. She would have been fine, but I didn't want to leave that responsibility on someone else.
The cute babysitter and her awesome family brought Rylee balloons. Thank you Crooks you guys are so thoughtful! She loved all of them!
So, other than that it was a wonderful weekend!
Yesterday we took the kids to see Charlotte's Web! Rylee loved eating the popcorn and Tay liked the show for the most part. She got a little antsy towards the end, but enjoyed it. I thought it was cute!
I finally get my camera back today! Hooray!
I hope everyone had a great weekend as well and got to relax yesterday for the holiday! Take care!!
Mindy McKnight’s Affiliate / Coupon Codes
3 months ago








9 comments:
Poor little Rylee...she is a brave little girl. I would've been crying like a baby!!!
Glad you had a great weekend...mine was GREAT too!!!!
Give the kids hugs for me.
Love you
Oh my heck! Poor little Rylee. I hate to say this, but she may take after me. There's a whole wing at Alta View named after me. (Well, there should be.) Give her a hug from us!
Love ya!
Give Tay a hug for being a good sister, give Sean a hug for being a good dad and give yourself a hug for being a good mom!!
:)
Oh, little Ryles- sorry to hear about your staples! Now you have a great story and a battle wound, that is pretty cool!
Little Rylee! Darn it! I am sorry to hear that she had that bad of a spill! That is really traumatic! I am glad to hear that you still had a good weekend after all of that. Do post a picture of those cool staples!
I am sorry for Rylee! What a good girl to be so brave. Yikes! Glad that the rest of your weekend was good!
ouch. I give you and Rylee both kudos on being brave. That is scary and as a mom I bet you felt so bad that you had to see her like that.
Hope she is feeling better.
So sad! Aden fell out of the cart once and I almost had a heart attack. All of those stories of kids having brain damage etc.. ran throught my head. I am glad to hear she is OK. Take Care
Jentry
Jess, I had no idea. Oh man, I'm sorry. That would be awful. Today at preschool actually I shut a little boys hand in the door. Nice! I felt so bad! He wasn't too hurt, but still.
I don't know how you held it together as they stapled her head! I'd be all about Matt doing that part of 'parenting'!
I'm so sorry!
Post a Comment