CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving & Christmas

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone, but it was so fun to be up in Boise with Jen and her family. She made an AMAZING meal on Thanksgiving and we ate and ate and ate. It was awesome. We also got to meet our newest little niece/cousin, Reyes, and she was darling! My girls couldn't get enough of her.

Julie flew in Wednesday late (11:00 p.m.) so mom and I headed to the airport to pick her up. We all came back to my house and went to bed and then got up to head on our journey North. Julie and my mom were in one car behind us and my family was in another. Sean came home Saturday morning early for the BYU/UTAH game so Tayler, Rylee and I rode home with my mom and Julie on Sunday. It was a fun ride home!

Friday Jen, Marcela and I took all the kids to see "Happy Feet" which was really cute, and the others went and saw the new James Bond movie. It was fun!

My poor little brother got caught in the storm going back Sunday morning to Seattle. I felt so bad for them. They left Jen's around 8:00 a.m. and pulled into Seattle at 11:00 p.m. (midnight our time). That stinks especially when you have a 4 month old. I am so glad that they came though.

Thanks again JEN and FAM for everything!!! We miss you already.

Yesterday I got the urge to put up Christmas. I figured since it takes so dang long that I would start now and enjoy it before I have to take it all down again. I worked with my ornaments that I had (blue and silver) and went and bought some more yesterday afternoon--thank heavens for HOBBY LOBBY and TAI PAN so close. I think it turned out great! It doesn't look as pretty in the day. There is something about the night with the lights shining. I am happy. I contemplated getting all new decorations like red berries and gold ornaments, but that would have been super costly. I think Sean was even okay with how it turned out. This is a plate I did at Super Friday. It will be our tradition to put the cookies and milk out on for Santa Clause each Christmas Eve. I think it turned out cute. FUN FUN!


Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and is now looking forward to Christmas which is just around the corner!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You're so crafty and cute. That plate and cup are cute!!

We sure missed everyone at Thanksgiving!

Love ya!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Glad you had a good thanksgiving! Love the plate and cup- adorable! i created some fun things with my vinyl machine for plates we sold, but yours is dang cute.
Pretty tree I went to Tai Phan and got the hook up on the big bulbs and another plus they won't break because they are plastic!

Anonymous said...

We were all so glad you were here for Thanksgiving! It was fun to be all together. I wish we could blink back and forth and be together all the time. I'm going to miss seeing you at Christmas but hopefully it won't be as long between visits as it has been!
Your tree looks great...you have a gift for decorating. Hugs to the girls...I miss Rylee's sly no nods at me...Got to love her!

The Pie's said...

I love blue and silver ( the colors of our tree as well!) We put up our decor too. It has been fun so far. Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving!!
Jentry

The Pie's said...

I love blue and silver ( the colors of our tree as well!) We put up our decor too. It has been fun so far. Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving!!
Jentry

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had such a great Thanksgiving! How fun to get together in Boise!

Again, love your tree! Man, I wish Tiapan was out here! I am so in love with the large globes!

Loves again!