I have to admit that I truly have the worst memory out there. There are things that I totally don't remember (like a truck we owned for years.. no recollection of that one :) My family likes to make fun of me and I guess there is reason, but it's hard for me to remember things for some reason.
I have 3 memories I can think of right off the top of my head:
- First, I remember being on the phone with my Dad who was calling from the hospital (he was talking to my oldest sister Jenny, but somehow I must have been right by her or on another phone somewhere).. and I remember him saying " Well, you have a new baby SISTER." We all cheered and then he said "and you have a new baby BROTHER." What? Mom had twins? Yep she did and noone knew that she was even pregnant with twins-- including the doctor-- until she delivered my baby sister Julie and then he realized there was another baby so then came Jared. Could you imagine that now days?! Holy smokes.
- Another memory has to do with my younger brother Ryan (whom is my Buddito now!) however, back in the good ol' days that wasn't the case. Disclaimer: Someone will have to help me on my facts and fill in the gaps on this one. When we lived in Colorado our house was not far from a small stream. Well I remember being out by the stream (which was a fast moving stream/canal) with I believe, Jenny, Brent and Ryan. Well Ryan had somehow made me mad so I pushed him into the fast moving canal so down he went and was quickly carried up stream. Of course we all panicked and ran and got Dad. I totally thought he had drowned, but thankfully did not. Yikes! He had gotten stuck in the pipe (I can't remember what it is called) that they put in to go underneath the road. My dad ended up pulling him out (I think Brent had tried too) and he was wet and cold. Poor thing! Sorry Ry!
- The last story I remember had to do with my older Brother Brent. It was a Sunday evening and we were playing on the pull-out couch when all of a sudden (I did nothing to deserve this :) my brother pushed me off of the couch causing me to crack my head open when I hit the corner of the brick fireplace (I believe it was a fireplace?! See-HORRIBLE memory on my part) The funniest part of it , looking back now, was Brent trying to get me to not cry and wrapping my head in towels to stop the bleeding. He promised me all sorts of things, from his toys to his allowance! I did end up having to go to the hospital and get many many stitches which was not a pleasant experience. I wasn't very old either.








3 comments:
Those are some pretty crazy-funny memories. I am dying about the twins! So glad to have the technology we have now when it comes to having babies!
I am right there with you on the lack of memory! Cute Lynette (nettifer) occasionally fills me in on memories I'm missing!
Thems are some good memories! I'll have to see what I can come up with.
I think for the most part you were right about stuff!
It was a little tiny fireplace in the basement in colorado! Poor Brent...he got lots of bad rap...oh maybe he deserved it then!! We're glad he's nicer now!!!! (Love ya Brent)
Post a Comment