CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Story

Interesting story:
So when I take Tayler to pre-school I usually only put Rylee in her car seat without strapping her in because Tay's preschool is just down the street from me and it's easier that way. Well Tayler happened to fall so I got out of the car to go and help her up and make sure that she was okay. In the meantime little "naughty" had plans of her own and was getting out of her car seat. Well Heidi (the teacher) saw Rylee in the front seat and I immediately thought "oh no she can put the car into drive or something like that" so I ran back to the car only to find my doors locked and Rylee playing. The car was running and I had left the heat on pretty high because it was cold and neither her nor I had a jacket on so I was worried about that little tidbit as well. I was starting to panic a little bit and right then my friend Brittney drove by and stopped to help me because she saw me pounding on my windows (and she had just been at my house 5 minutes before to deliver something). Anyway, Rylee starting playing with the wheel and slouching down onto the floor so I thought for sure she would hit the gas or put the car into drive. This whole time I am pounding on the windows and yelling to try to get her to hit the buttons on the door. I was hoping she would hit unlock, but I thought if she rolled down the window even a little bit I could get my arm in it or a stick or something. Well she did roll down the window about 2 inches so Brittney ran to get a stick, but then she rolled them up again with my fingers in the window. OWIE!! Luckily I pried my fingers out and left my coat stuck in it instead to see if there was enough room to stick a hanger or small stick in the opening. All this time I was still yelling and pounding for her to hit the buttons.. which she was but unfortunately the only one she cared to push was the "lock" button and then she would laugh and kiss the window. I was laughing and crying and panicking all at the same time. Such a turkey!! Finally Brittney said "Rylee do you want a treat" and of course she said YES so she said she had something in her car which just happened to be Sour Cream and Onion Pringles which are Rylee's favorite things in the WHOLE world. After we showed her the can of pringles she opened the door by pushing the unlock button. Seriously.. such drama! Very coincidental that she opened it at that moment. But whatever, we got in!!

Moral of the story: NEVER leave your one year old in the car that is running unless she is strapped in. I am so not winning "Mother of the Year this Year!" :)
I never get out of the car when I take Tayler so I didn't even think about it. Usually she is strapped in when we pick Tay up because I get out of the car to go and get her. Anyway, it was a nightmare and we opened the door before the locksmith got there. Who knows how much that little bill could have been, but I guess it wouldn't have mattered. I would have paid whatever fees!

Here is the little culprit herself. Tayler took this picture and I promised her I would put it on the blog. Rylee is kind of in the picture? Just a little cut-off.. we will work on that!

This morning I had training at the Dental office again. They were short staffed so I was pretty much put into the fire. I didn't save one persons insurance info. after I hung up the phone.. OOPS! There are so many little things and dental terms I need to know that I don't so it was frustrating when I was all by myself. I think I did alright, but come on this is "training"! I think I will pick it up quickly (hopefully) and actually it was pretty fun. After working at IHC for so many years I think it will be a breeze once I get all the terminology down, and I guess the best way to learn is to just start doing it. I have to go back Friday afternoon.

Last night we had the 1st discussion with Leo and the missionaries. It was so awesome. He has a date set for December 16th! I can't wait. He said that everyday he wants it to be Sunday again so that he can go back to Church. Can we say "golden." It is always a good experience to be involved in those kind of things and I loved it. I did speak a little Espanol so it was fun. I really need to brush up on my lingo though.

Anyway, that is it for today. Happy Wednesday to all!!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

hi! i'm rachel's friend. i have known several people who have had the same ordeal, i'm sure it's very very scary! i'm glad it all worked out okay.

Moore Family said...

Sounds like something that will one day happen to me because I am awful about leaving the car running when I get out to run a quick place like that. I mostly worry about Carter taking off in the car more then I do him locking it but now I guess I should worry about it more.
I guess the moral of the story is....always have something with you to bribe them. BRIBES are always good!
Glad you made it through the day, more like Rylee made it through the day.

Unknown said...

That's a great story. That will be fun to remind her of when she's older!

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

wow, that is crazy! I'm glad you can look back on it and call it a great story rather.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Oh My gosh! That is crazy! My heart was racing just reading this. I don't know how you could have handled it. M is 21 months and those little turkeys are so smart!

Unknown said...

What a stinker! I'm glad everyone is okay and nothing serious happened!
That photo is actually quite good! Tay has a good eye!