CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Catch up

Man I have been a bad blogger! Time has just slipped away I guess or nothing exciting has happened?!

Yesterday morning, Sean came back to bed and told me he was taking a "personal day". I was so excited!! We cuddled up in bed and went back to sleep until 9:30. It was so nice! Then the girls joined us and we talked and laughed and cuddled some more. It was a rare occasion and I loved every minute of it.
We got up and got ready and went and ran some errands. We bought a birthday present for my friend Heidi and brought Krispy Kremes to her morning preschool yesterday to celebrate. I made the 3 year old class sing Happy Birthday as loud as the could if they wanted a yummy donut. They were excited and Heidi was grateful so it was fun and totally worth it.

After some other errands we came home so I could jump in the shower and get ready for work. I was bummed that I had to leave and go to work when my cute hubby had the day off. It was nice though because he was able to watch the kids for me. I put them both down for naps so he did get some homework done for class tonight. I went grocery shopping on my way home from work and it was much quicker without the kids!

Last night we had FHE and then just chilled. I wish more of those days existed, but they don't! It just makes me appreciate them even more I guess when they do happen.

Sunday at church we had an investigator in our Gospel Principles class and he was GREAT. His friends gave him a Book of Mormon and he found the Church by himself. We have our 1st discussion tonight with the Missionaries. He is from Chile so of course I was thrilled and could talk to him about things because that is where I served my mission. He is from the Northern part of Chile and I served in the South, but we still had a lot to "chat" about. It is such a testimony builder to hear about others giving the B of M out and then seeing the results! He had such a great spirit about him so I am excited for tonight.

Saturday I started my training for a new job I am doing. I am working at a Dental office right by my house on Saturdays from 7- 12. Perfect time since my kids are sleepers (minus the early rise time on my part), but Sean will be home with the kids and it gives me a chance to do something different as well too. I loved it and think it will be a great job. It's my neighbors office that he just opened up so if you need a good Dentist-- Layton Hills Dental would love to have you :)

Friday we went out and spent time with Grandma. We met her at her school and then went to lunch. It was a fun and relaxing day. Thanks for letting us come mom, it was great to see you! That night was our "Frantic Friday" (Super Saturday). I was on the committee and my assignment was the food. I picked up bread bowls at Macey's and then had sign-ups for soups, salads and desserts. There was a ton of good food and everyone brought what they had signed up for so it turned out good. I actually finished the projects I signed up for as well. I think it was the 1st Super Saturday I have actually been able to sit down and actually do them because I wasn't the RS Counselor over everything. It was nice to sit and chat with the sisters as well.

Well, the countdown is on for Thanksgiving! I can't wait to see my family and finally get to meet my little brothers new baby. It will be fun. Take care everyone!!
XXOXOO

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess! I thought there was a blog strike or something since you, Jenny, nor Ashley had written for awhile! I was having withdrawls so thanks for writing! It will be fun to see you next week.

Love ya and good luck with your new job!

Joey and Nettifer said...

You sound like me (or every other mom out there) busy! I worked in a dental office as an assitant for years and can I just tell you, it was one of the funnest jobs ever. Good luck
I am also glad to know where you served and to think people in utah getting converted :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. Sounds like you've been busy, so I guess you are excused...this time:)

Unknown said...

Jess, you're the best! Good luck with your new job!

Think of us a Thanksgiving!

Love ya!

Unknown said...

Wow, you have been busy!
Are you mostly helping out your neighbor? Why are you taking on yet another commitment?!!! Crazy girl!
Love hearing about the investigator! Funny comment about him finding the chuch all by himself... since there is one on every corner!!! Oh, how different things are our here!
Still, work to be done, you are a great missionary!