CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 06, 2006

Seriously...?


Okay so on my way home from my in-laws tonight I was flipping through the stations and heard a Christmas song so I left it on good ol' FM 100 for a minute to see what would happen. Well then another Christmas song came on, and another and so on until I pulled into the driveway 20 minutes later. Seriously?? Are they playing non-stop Christmas songs already? I about died! It's not even Thanksgiving yet people!

On Saturday the girls and I were bored while Sean was watching the BYU vs. Colorado State game so we headed to the mall. Again, all the stores had their Christmas decorations up with "Christmas Sale signs" and the Santa display in the center was all done. There were also TONS of people. I thought it was December 24th and everyone was there buying last minute gifts. It was insane! I mean, I do love Christmas, but if I start now I am bored of it by the time it really comes around. I found it very interesting. Once Thanksgiving is over with I get into the Christmas spirit, but NOT now!!!

This last weekend was nice. I had a shower to go to Saturday morning and they wanted everyone to bring their "girl" children along too so we had a great time. It was for Sean's side of the family, but they are all so nice I totally feel welcomed and loved so I like to go. They had fun things for the kids to do, and everyone loved to see how Rylee and Tayler have grown. It was fun. That night we had our Stake Conference Adult session which was soo good. I bawled the whole way through it for some reason. They talked a lot about families and I thought about my days growing up with a wonderful family and since it was just my dad's birthday I was extra emotional too. I did however think I may possibly be pregnant will all the sobbing, but NO I'm not! :)
My friends husband was out of town so she watched our kids and said she didn't want us to come home until at least 10:30 or 11:00 because I had watched her kids the night before for SEVERAL hours so it was nice.

We went to dinner afterwards and ate soup and desserts. Yummy. It made for a fun night! Anyway, on Sunday Sean didn't have any meetings (except the 7:00 a.m. one) so he went to that and then came home to get us for Stake Conference at 11:00. It was nice to have him sit with me and come home with me afterwards... awe, the little things I once took for granted. We made a great dinner and then took long naps. It was nice except then we were up all night because the nap was extra long.

Hope you all had a great weekend too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

106.5 huh? Yeah I overheard someone else talking about them playing x-mas music all the time now. Too early for me too.
Your so lucky you get good sunday naps like that, we have to have all our cards aligned and then just maybe we might get an hour one.
Your weekend sounds like a nice relaxing one! Hope your doing good.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! FM 100 is doing it too! It's hard to imagine that Christmas is actually approaching. I am so NOT ready for winter. I need a little more summer (good thing it will be 70 today eh?)

Anonymous said...

I agree...too early for Christmas!
In the words of Bob..."Ba-humbug"

Unknown said...

You're funny!

I love Christmas music though. I can do without all the decorations, but the music is awesome. I'm sad Brent won't let me listen to it all year round!

Love ya!

Joey and Nettifer said...

I am with you on the christmas thing. I just got all my thanksgiving decor up - I know I only have a couple weeks of it, but you still need to celebrate it!

I do love christmas though

Unknown said...

Oh, the craziness! Christmas in June... literally! Drives me nuts!

Glad you were able to have some time w/ your hubby! We have stake conference this weekend.

So, you'd like to be pregnant. I know. You just need to get some time alone with that husband of yours!!! ;)

Love you friend!