Friday we woke up and made a big breakfast (actually Sean made it for everyone, even on his birthday-- he took the day off). It was so tasty! Then we went Bowling and out to lunch. The kids loved bowling. Tayler, Emmy, and Meg had their own lane with the bumpers up and actually did really well. They did their own thing while the 4 adults played as well AND by some miracle of miracles, Sean beat me :) (just kidding babe! You played a good game). He did it in the very last frame. I guess since it was his birthday I was okay letting him take 2nd. We haven't been bowling forever so it was fun. I will post some pictures of us bowling as soon as Jen send them to me.
Sean chose KFC for lunch. Afterwards we came home and some went down for naps and others just played X-box or had quiet time. Friday night, Sean signed us up to do Sealings so we went to our Ward Temple Night and Jen and Steve offered to keep the kids. THANK YOU!!!!!
Rylee reading her new favorite book with Uncle Steve
I felt sooo bad leaving them. Sorry!!!! It was POURING rain and it actually took longer than I thought so we didn't get home until after 9. We stopped at the PIE Pizzeria and brought home dinner for the adults. The little kids had Jen's yummy grilled cheese sandwiches. Emmy made brownies for Sean's birthday treat, so we had brownies, ice cream and hot fudge. Thank Em!
Daddy and his girls with his birthday dessert
So about 4 a.m. Sat. morning, I had this feeling that I needed to go and find Rylee. When I checked her bed she was gone so I knew she had wondered off somewhere (which was a first). I checked all over and finally found her right on the edge of the stairs sound asleep. She must have been sleep walking because she didn't come into my room. I was so glad that I found her because I think she would have rolled down the steep staircase at any wrong move.
Saturday, Steve went and played with his brother Glen and had a great time and Sean went to the BYU vs. San Diego State, so Jen and I took the kids and met Mom at Kohls and did
a little shopping. It was fun. Then we went out to Mom's house to help her clean up her basement which had flooded again! We did that and visited while the kids played. She also made a yummy lunch.
Mom, Meg and Alyssa
We headed out about 6:00 to get the kids home, bathed, fed, and tucked into bed since we had 9:00 church. We did that and then went to meet Jen's friend, Jen Flinders from Las Vegas, at Applebee's in Bountiful. It was fun. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long, long time. We ate a little dinner and then had dessert, but stayed there for a little over 2 hours. It was a nice break too. We got home around midnight so we went straight to bed.
Sunday we made it to Church on time (with 5 minutes to spare even)! It was fun to see Sean up on the stand. He had to bear his testimony and did a great job. He will really be excellent at his new calling. After Sacrament we left so that Jen and Steve could get their things packed up and eat lunch.
Cute cousins- Emmy, Alyssa, Rylee, Tayler and Meg
They left about 12:30 and I was sad to see them go. It was so nice to have them here. I wish they lived closer. They did make it home safe and sound so I am glad. I am sure it was nice to be back in their own beds (not that air mattresses aren't comfy :) ) Just kidding!! Can't wait for Thanksgiving to see them again!
At 1:00 the girls and I headed to another Sacrament Meeting. Shelly and Mike blessed Emma yesterday so we went to their Church. Rylee fell asleep the minute we started singing the opening hymn. She was a tired baby! Afterwards they had a luncheon at their house so we went and hung out for the afternoon (since I knew Sean would be gone all afternoon). He came about 4:45 and finally was able to eat. We visited a little longer and then came home. Rylee and Tay actually went to bed by 8:30 and were sound asleep within minutes.
Hope that everyone had a great weekend as well. Loves to all!!!








4 comments:
Very fun! Cute picture with all the neices minus Reyes! It will be fun to have all 6 of them in one place for Thanksgiving.
It was a great weekend...thank you, thank you, thank you...it was hard to leave...you're too far away! The air mattress wasn't even too bad.
We need to bowl over Thanksgiving!
I cannot get blogger to upload my photos today! Did you have any troubles?
Glad to hear about your fun weekend. Ours was great too...which I will post as soon as I can get the photos up.
Wow, it sounds like you had a busy weekend. Much fun! Glad you had such a great time with your family!
Post a Comment