CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Weekend Getaway

I first have to say how much I love Conference weekend. Not because we don't have to go to Church , but because I love to listen and feel the Spirit. I can't wait to finish watching all the sessions.

This weekend up at Bear River Lodge was awesome. The weather was PERFECT! Seriously, it couldn't have been any better. We didn't end up leaving until 7:00 Friday evening because Sean was held up at work and then remembered that he had a quiz due for school that needed to be submitted by 12 midnight that night so he did it quickly. We made it up there around 9:30 after we stopped for dinner. The lodge/cabin was great. Yesterday we went four wheelin' all day. Rylee came with us in the morning and then went down for a nap in the afternoon and Kirsten's brother and fiance were there so they said they would watch her if she woke up. It was so much fun and Tayler has a blast. I wasn't sure how much she would like it, but she LOVED every minute of it. She was such a great sport. She kept telling Sean to go faster and laughing the whole day. The morning trails we went on her pretty groomed so it wasn't to bumpy for Rylee. Little Rylee hated her helmet, but loved riding on the 4 wheeler. She fell sound asleep after about 15 minutes of riding (I'm not sure how you do that??). We saw deer on the trails, but nothing else. Anyway, it was a great time and so nice to get away.
Everyone had a meal they were in charge of, so that was nice too. We ate really good!! Last night the guys headed down to Evanston to Priesthood session and got home about 8:30. We ate dinner and then sat around and talked. There were 5 couples total. Luckily we got one of the bedrooms which made it nice for sleeping.



Friday this was my project for the day!

Before


After
Ahhh, a little better. Now you can actually walk into the room.
I decided to leave the crib up so that little one's have a place to sleep when I tend them. That way I don't have to set up and take down the pack-n-play every time. Now I just need to figure out how to decorate it and get some more rubbermaids for everything. Man we have a lot of toys.

I hope that everyone had a fabulous weekend as well!!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like a fun time! And cute pictures. I also like the cleaned room. The before picture looks like my house each night:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, did you give all those toys away? That is impressive Jess! Glad you had a great weekend. Conference was wonderful! Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

Love that you didn't have to cook all weekend. I hate cooking! Looks like a fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

Can you come help me with our playroom now? We got the shelves built and in, but now comes sorting through the disaster. When the kids unpacked the boxes, they just dumped everything all over the place. I can't figure out how to decorate it either. Thinking something nautical (simply because I already have some navy curtains to use in there.

Unknown said...

Wow, very impressive.
I'm glad we left our crib up too. We actually use it a lot!

Unknown said...

Woops, I didn't realize this was the same post!

I'm glad you had a good weekend. Love Conference too!

What a great idea to rent 4wheelers and a cabin. Good times!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great weekend! You look beautiful despite what you might say!
The room looks awesome...it's such a good feeling to get things organized and cleaned up.

Unknown said...

Your blogs are so cute! You're getting really good!

Love ya!