CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Never a Dull Moment

I really do yearn for the moments of sitting on my couch and being completely bored with nothing to do. Those were the days..
Now it seems I can't keep up (okay that seems a little dramatic), but it seems like our lives are pure chaos.

For the first part of this week I have been a mother of 4.. (no I did not birth twins recently!) My sister-in-law had some major surgery so we have been taking care of her kids while she recovers. She has 2 kids, ages 4 and 1. They are great kids, but man it can be challenging. It seems like there is hardly a second to breath between cleaning up messes, fixing another meal, playing games, remembering where they are at all times, bath time, bed time, hair doing, etc. etc. The worse part is I don't have a car that seats 4 in the back so we were home bound. I think we were all a little stir crazy by yesterday afternoon so we bundled up and went outside for a little fresh air anyways. It was good for all of us.

It is pouring rain again this morning, but I love the rain. I need to make cookies or bread or rolls or something.

I am very sad to see Summer coming to an end. I love Fall, but I also love summer walks, and sitting on my porch and talking to all the neighbors. It seems like everyone hides inside and no one emerges until March or April.

I have been re-organizing the kids closets again - taking out the summer clothes and replacing them with long pants and long sleeved shirts. Next week is suppose to warm back up to the 70's again so that will be nice after the 50 degrees we have been experiencing.

BUT with Fall begins the new season premiers of shows. I am definitely an addict, but it keeps me company while Sean is away all the time. I can't wait to see Grey's Anatomy tonight. I think Kirsten and Katherine are coming over to watch it too. It'll be good!

Happy Days everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your week is coming to an end..it's always nice to have things go back to normal. I've been cleaning out clothes too getting them ready for cooler weather, it's a great time to clean the house! Spring and fall cleaning!

Anonymous said...

I am also very excited a the new fall shows. I need Tivo or something of the sort though, because I can't see everything I want everynight. What do you have?

Unknown said...

Fall is most definitely in the air in Washington!

What a eventful week!

Love ya!

Unknown said...

Did you LOVE Gray's Anatomy? I had never watched it until I went out to UT. I am hooked! Loved it!

I hear you about the cold. We went outside to play today... it's time to put the flip flops away, my feet were freezing! It is definetly colder.

Love you friend.