CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Eve of leaving my 20's

It is really hard to believe that I will be 30 in a few hours.. HOLY SMOKES.. did I just say 30?!????????
I am leaving behind my 20's, but it was a good decade.
  • I served a mission,
  • met my eternal sweetheart,
  • had 2 beautiful little girls,
  • and played hard

GOOD TIMES!!!

It's good to know that there are always people older than me though :)
Anyhow, today was a good day. I went to a vinyl party my friend had tonight and she has DARLING things that she has created. I will have to take a picture when I get my things. My sister in law watched my kids so it was a nice break. Her husband is the Bishop in their ward (just around the corner from us) so I think we are going to trade once a week for a few hours just to have a break.
Sean had a Bishopric meeting after school so he is just barely getting home (it's 10:35) and he left this morning at 5:30 a.m. I'm not sure how he does it, but man I'm glad it isn't me!! He definitely has a gift, that's for sure.
I have decided to make the nursery a play room until we have another baby (which may not be for a VERY long time now!). I need projects to help me stay busy and not out spending money. I took every single toy out of Tayler's room and put it in the new "play room." I think I am going to love it! I love that her room is clean and really doesn't have a lot in it. Just their beds and the big lazy boy chair to sit and read stories in. So mainly, it will be just for sleeping, except I have a sneaky feeling that many toys will migrate there way back in. At least there will be a place to put them when they are done. I'll have to take some pictures later.
We are also getting a quote soon to finish our basement. That will be so nice (but more to keep clean). I can't wait.
Have a great day everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Jess...you are now older than me. I'm 29 and you are 30 today...that's a nice change.
I'm excited to see the girls room, it's fun to change things around.
Have a happy day!

Joey and Nettifer said...

I just finished my basement and I have made some calls, if you want I can give you some names. They were such a good deal. For example-sheet rock the bids went from $6,000 all the way to $2,500-don't ask me how they can vary so much, but all the rooms were done in 3 days ready to paint. Let me know I will help you save hours on phone calls.

Joey and Nettifer said...

PS Happy Birthday

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday ya goon.

On the basement estimates, GET LOTS. I know it’s a pain, but dealing with subcontractors on a daily basis does make for a lot of price discrepancies. There are better companies out there than others, but their prices are generally based on how busy they are at the moment in addition to cost of materials. We almost never use the same subcontractors over and over.

There’s your architectural tip of the day.

Have a good one.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I hope it's a good one!
I love having a play area with just the toys. It's great. Then the rooms aren't cluttery, which seems to happen with so many toys. But yes finishing your basement will mean more cleaning. Dangit!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! 30...what a baby! I am only 33 and the 30's aren't that bad. I much prefer this stage of life over the last. I am excited to see my kids enter a new stage/phase and NO MORE BABIES!!!! Yeah!
By the way...the Discovery Center was so awesome! We even saw the elephants!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

I haven't put anything in the mail yet... I have a pile of stuff waiting to be mailed! But I am thinking of you and will hopefully make it to the post office by tomorrow?

Ya, it puts a damper on the 'let's have kids' situation when you NEVER see your husband! Good luck with that!

Love having a seperate toy room. The toys do migrate, but not in the masses, so it's maintainable!

Hope you have a good day. You should have someone watch your kids today!

Love you!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the 30's. It's a great decade!

Love ya!