CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 14, 2006

The Royal Celebration


Well the party was a chaotic success!! We had 13 little girls at our house, but I think we kept them entertained quite well. They each showed up and King Sean announced their arrival. We also had red carpet which came up our stairs and to the front door. We had the cutest CD playing with all the princess songs. The little girls all
looked so cute and Tayler was so excited to see everyone. Her little cousin Asha slept over the night before. We played the Snow White game (they searched for the poisonous apple) and then we played the Princess and the Pea game.


We made carmeled apples with the apples they found, did the Pinata, and then let them dance until lunch was ready.

Prince Connor took lunch orders and served them. They could choose hot dogs, mac & cheese, or PB&J sandwiches. I had a fruit plate, chips, and jello jigglers to go along with it all, and of course pink drink. AND then the castle cake. It didn't look as good as I thought it would, but it took me all stinkin' day Friday. It actually tasted really yummy though so that was a plus. I ran out of time to frost the ice cream cones and make the flags to stick in it, but I figured 4 year olds probably won't notice!


After lunch we opened presents, made Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) hats, and had cake and ice cream. Then the parents started coming so we started the clean-up. It was nice to have to over with. Tayler got some amazing presents. Her friends are so great and there are so many of them. I love it. Then that night we got to go to the Real Madrid game with David Beckham. It was awesome. Our seats were on the 10th row and they were actually seats not the bleachers. It was a perfect night. Rice Eccles was filled to the max. Real Salt Lake lost 2 to 0, but it was fun. There were a ton of Real Madrid fans. We forgot to take our camera so we didn't get any pictures, but David Beckham did run right in front of us. He's a hottie!

We didn't get home until after 11:00 so getting up for church was hard. I felt like I had been hit by the Mack truck. I had to teach Tayler's primary class though so I had to get up. After church I made a batch of roll dough and let it rise while we all took naps. We all slept for 3 hours. I think that is a record for Rylee. It was so needed and so great.

We made a yummy roast dinner and then went on a walk. It was a great day.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend as well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Jess-
You need to slow down there Mormon Mother!
The party looked awesome, I do feel your pain, they are a lot of work for a short period of time although sometimes you feel like the children will never leave!
We thought of you...wish we were there!
Hugs to the girls!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you went all out. Birthdays are lots of work. It looks like fun.
Glad you had fun at the soccer game. I knew of a lot of friends that were going. It sounds like it was a good game, even if they lost. Glad we share the same taste with David! (but then again what women doesn't think he is good looking?)

The Pie's said...

What a cute party! I am excited to have a girly party for Brynn when she is big. The cake looked great. What a creative mommy you are!

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a great party! Are you so glad you get to relax now that the party is over? Now you can look forward to the final So You Think You Can Dance show!

Laters.

Unknown said...

Wow, you go with that party!
It sounds like it was a success!
Love the cake. It looks fabulous.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the soccer game!

Unknown said...

Wowie! That was a lot of kids! You are amazing!