I really need those pictures of Cancun from my friend.. Sorry folks!
Tonight we went and had dinner at my friend Maria's house. It was a good break and good company to break up the monotony of everyday live without Sean. It was been good but I am really ready for him to come home, Friday won't come soon enough. We really miss him. This family full on had a cotton candy machine. It was the coolest thing! Tayler ate a ton and loved every minute of it. We made little pizza pockets with Rhodes rolls.. super tasty. I swear Rhodes rolls are good for just about anything! What a great little invention.
Last night Tayler went swimming and then had a sleepover with her cousins at Aunt Shantelles house. I totally missed her being home with me. She provides company and comfort, but she had fun so that was nice. Rylee and I hit Kohls on our night together. I bought 2 cute new outfits for myself finally. I always seem to shop for the kids, but last night was different. It was fantastic.
Okay.. so our trip to Mexico was amazing. The beaches were truly as they say.. white sand with crystal clear blue water.. It was spectacular. One of the beaches that we went to in Playa del Carmen was semi-topless... hello not something I wanted to see. And truly it was the people that shouldn't take off their tops that did. Yikes!
We did go to Chichen Itza where the ruins are. It did feel like you were in Book of Mormon times. It was crazy hot so it made it a little difficult to focus, but all in all it was a wonderful tour. I felt so sad for the kids that were with their parents in the hot sun who were trying to sell things. After a while it totally got on my nerves and I felt like screaming.. NO I don't want to buy your stuff, but I know that is their way of living. It made me incredibly grateful and humble. My friend and I kept giving all the kids our treats and drinks that we had in our back packs.
Another place that we went was called Xel-Ha. It was a huge park where you could snorkel, float the lazy river, watch/swim with the dolphins, cliff jump, etc. It was a great relaxing day.
On our Chichen Itza tour we went to a "cenote" which is and underground river. It was incredible.. I can't wait to post those pictures. It was the coolest place ever.
All in all it was a fabulous trip. I am so glad that we were able to go. I am extremely grateful to my mom and Sean's parents for keeping our kids for us. I am forever indebted to them.
Today I went to observe a dance class that I signed Tayler up for. I think she will like it. She loves to shake her hips. After watching for a while I thought how fun it would be to open up my own dance studio. I would love it! She is excited for it. I can't wait to see how she does.
When we got home from dinner I turned on the TV to Jay Leno and she said "Is that Taylor Hicks?" Clearly she watches way too much TV with her mama! When I turned on the end of "Apprentice" she started singing the "money money money" song.. too funny!
Rylee has seemed so big to me since I returned home. It's amazing how different they can look in only a week. She loves to say "YAAAAA" for everything you ask her. It makes me smiles! I love my kids so much.
I promise that I will try and post pictures soon. Loves!
Mindy McKnight’s Affiliate / Coupon Codes
3 months ago








3 comments:
Fun! Fun! I'm excited to see pictures.
I can't wait to see the pictures either. Sounds like you guys had a great time!
Sean should be home soon! Yea!
Mexico sounds like it was FABULOUS!
I felt the same way about my kiddies when I came home from UT. They change so much!
Funny about Tay watching so much TV! She's up on the pop culture!!
Post a Comment