CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Home Again Home Again

I can't believe how much it snowed again yesterday and how COLD it was! We should have stayed an extra day in Arizona where the weather was PERFECTO!
Driving into grievance was awful and then the drive home was even worse. I did go upstairs to the 4th floor to visit for a minute. I love the people on that floor!! They are great. I need to go and see them more often when I'm there.
After work Sean's family had their Easter dinner up at his sister Sherra's house. The kids got another Easter Egg Hunt. Rylee and Tayler have it down! The food was wonderful and it was fun to visit.

Well our trip was wonderful! We arrived Thursday evening at 5:00, but by the time we picked up our rental car and found our way to the hotel we didn't get there until 6:30. The first rental car they gave us had the keys locked inside. HELLO! We dragged our luggage all the way down to find the car and the keys only we couldn't get inside. They had us go to the "Gold" building which I thought meant the color gold.. (not my brightest moment) when in fact it just meant the Hertz Gold building. Anyway.. they got us another car but it wasn't as nice as our original car. It was a bright red Chevy Cobalt! At least we could spot it wherever we went.

The first night we went to the Arizona Center, which was close to our hotel, and found somewhere to eat. We ate at Mi Amigos. It was good food and a fun little atmosphere. Then we headed back to the hotel. We stayed in the Hyatt which was super nice! I tried to call the Concierge as much as I could :)

They had an awesome work out facility so we did our exercises everyday (except of course Sunday). Mom was totally our personal trainer. She wanted to go twice a day, but I was super sore after doing the bike so I opted out- once was enough for me.

The pool area was awesome so we spent a lot of time in the warm sun! It was so relaxing and wonderful. We got some good rays! Mom even got some good color! (Hope it's not peeling away yet :)

Friday morning Mom and I decided to go exploring. I was very proud of us because we figured our way around even with construction and every street being one-way! We found a shopping center with a Marshalls and a store called Last Chance which I guess is a Nordstrom store! We were in heaven so of course we stayed and shopped. It was great.

Friday night Julie flew in to meet us. We made it back to the airport to pick her up, but there was a huge wind storm. It was great to see her and have her there with us.

We played and went to see Take the Lead with Antonio Banderas. All in all it was fantastic! It was weird not to have kids to take care of, but such a great break! Total thumbs up to my hubby! He did an awesome job and the kids loved it. I appreciate him SOOO much for letting me go and enjoy myself. He is superb in every way!

He said that the girls loved Easter morning. They had a great time hunting for eggs and discovering what treasures were in their Easter baskets. The Easter bunny brought them swimming suits, DVD's, and Tayler got a Sleeping Beauty dress which she has wanted forever. That day in her prayer she thanked Heavenly Father for each item. She really is such a sweet and thoughtful girl and so grateful for everything! The girls were in their swimming suits when Sean came to pick up mom and I from the airport. It was great to see them again!

Here are some pictures from Easter. I didn't have the camera in Arizona so I have to wait for Julie to send some so that I can post them. I hope that everyone had a very Happy Easter Weekend!
Ryan- Thanks for the letter- it totally made my day! Love you!!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I had a roommate from AZ and she could not stop talking about Last Chance. Glad you found it! Sounds like a fun time with your cute Mom and sister. And your girls are adorable!

Unknown said...

Look at that cute dress! Tay is decked out!

What a good dad to take the kids... and on a holiday no less!

Glad you had fun in sunny AZ! I hope the UT sun gets there soon!